IGNORED

Here comes another 16 yr old.

JWL1957
Note: This thread is 5081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He has got to be better than tiger woods already.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

kid's really good. i think he works with AK's swing coach here in dallas from time to time. i actually met his dad practicing last summer for some league he was in. nice guy.

Look forward to watching him play

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

He's 3 under on the second day. Pretty damn good for a 16 year old kid.
In the Bag:

Driver: FT 9 Tour 10*
3-Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 15*
Irons: MP-68 3-PW Project X 6.5Wedges: JAWS 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: White Ice #9Ball: ProV1x

He made the cut. 6th youngest ever to make it to the weekend on a PGA event.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'd like for him to keep his commiitment to UT and play on the Texas golf team for atleast for three years.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'd like for him to keep his commiitment to UT and play on the Texas golf team for atleast for three years.

I hope he does too. He is paired with Corey Pavin for the final round...so we get two Dallas guys. Should be a great round and big gallery. I am going to try and walk this round with them.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

gents, i think we might be looking at the next tiger woods.

1. That is the sort of comment a newsreader who has never been on a golf course would say.

2. Why are you assuming all forum members are male?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

He made the cut. 6th youngest ever to make it to the weekend on a PGA event.

Yeah 6th youngest....where are the other 5????

Yea exactly.............. Let him win a major before you guys start calling him the next Tiger Woods. Wait, let him win a EVENT FIRST!

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

1. That is the sort of comment a newsreader who has never been on a golf course would say.

1. why is that? the kid is 16 and is in the top 10 through 3 rounds of a pga tournament, proving he knows how to handle a club, and himself. i don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

2. i'd wager 99% of readers are male on this site, wouldn't you? i'm generalizing, so what?

16 year old kid T7 for the championship on saturday. gents, i think we might be looking at the next tiger woods.

Yeah. That's not a snap judgement at all.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

Yeah 6th youngest....where are the other 5????

If he's in contention to win at age 16, there's no reason apart from injury to believe this kid will get worse. If he doesn't have a victory on the PGA tour sometime in his career, it's because for one reason or another he gave up the game of golf.

The kid has an extremely strong mental game for such a young age. Certainly strong enough to keep with the tour players. There's no reason to believe this kid won't be in contention on Sunday again in the future. Absolutely none. P.S. He's already better in front of the camera than Michelle Wie will ever be...and she's had experience with that since what, age 14? Somewhat irrelevant but it shows his ability to handle pressure off the course, which certainly transfers to his game on the course. His solid play speaks loudly to that point.

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

1. why is that? the kid is 16 and is in the top 10 through 3 rounds of a pga tournament, proving he knows how to handle a club, and himself. i don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

I would have thought it is pretty clear that the point I am trying to make is that you are being premature by a few million miles.

You've said it yourself. He is "in the top 10 through 3 rounds of a pga tournament" That's it. Let's call him the next Tiger Woods when he has won five tournaments in a season. Then he might be a tenth of the way there. It's a pretty big leap to go from where he is now to being the next version of the greatest player who ever lived. Google Ty Tryon.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I would have thought it is pretty clear that the point I am trying to make is that you are being premature by a few million miles.

Sorry, but was tiger ever in contention at age 16?

Was he even playing tour events at that age? The point he was making is potential. Not victories. Tiger has 14 years of PGA tour play. Obviously he's had enough shots at victories. We're talking POTENTIAL here only. How can you talk about anything else when we've only JUST seen him play now.

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

If this kid's going to play big-time events for the next few years, someone had better buy him a proper staff bag for his birthday. Seeing him and his caddie out there sporting a $40 dollar stand bag just doesn't seem right.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

All I'm saying is there have been 5 other guys before him that have made a PGA cut that were younger. Without goggling them I would bet 100 bucks you couldn't name 3 of them. Wanna know why? Cause they never did anything after the fact.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Note: This thread is 5081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!