IGNORED

Titleist Vokey Grip Question

Note: This thread is 5090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone know if the Titleist Vokey's came with cord grip at some point? Maybe in 2008? A guy around here was selling two brand new Vokey's (60.08 and 54.10) that he says he purchased last year and for some reason the 60.08 has the regular Titleist grip and the 54.10 has the Titleist cord grip. I bought the 60 yesterday but didn't buy the 54 since I usually go with a 52-56-60 combination but he offered to sell the 54 at a price I can't refuse so I'm thinking of buying it and getting it bent to 55 or 56. That cord grip just has me worried that it may be some kind of knock-off. Could it be possible that when he purchased the two clubs last year, that 54 was a 2008 model and the other one a 2009 model? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dre
In my OGIO Kingpin bag:
Driver/Wood - Callaway Hyper X 10*, Ping G10 (3)
Hybrids - Adams IDEA A3 Boxer (3) 19*, Adams IDEA TECH A4OS (5) 25*
Irons/Wedges - TaylorMade R7 5-PW, Titleist Vokey 52* Gap, 56* Sand and 60* Lob
Putter - Nike Ignite 002

Titleist has a variety of stock grips to choose from. I have seen the Vokey's with different grips, even the cord. If it was a random cord grip I might be concerned a little, but if had the Titleist logo on the grip there is probably nothing to worry about. Chances are a pro shop or store had ordered some with the cord grip. Many people like cords so it wouldn't be out of the question to stock clubs with them.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Great! There shouldn't be any problems bending the 54.10 to 55 or 56 right? If I read correctly it would add bounce so I would get a 55.11 or 56.12 right? I'm a digger so I suppose that would be a good thing for me.
In my OGIO Kingpin bag:
Driver/Wood - Callaway Hyper X 10*, Ping G10 (3)
Hybrids - Adams IDEA A3 Boxer (3) 19*, Adams IDEA TECH A4OS (5) 25*
Irons/Wedges - TaylorMade R7 5-PW, Titleist Vokey 52* Gap, 56* Sand and 60* Lob
Putter - Nike Ignite 002

Note: This thread is 5090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!