IGNORED

Diablo Edge Irons vs X-22's?

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
Wow an old thread but
Diablo line replaces the Big Bertha line, they are marketed towards high handicappers.
The x-22's will have thinner top lines and narrower soles, although these are forgiving they are designed for better players.

Scvbrent: You need to try the clubs. It's the only way to tell which set you will like. I will ad. That the Adams Os sets(a3os, a7os, etc...) are very very good on mishits.

I purchased the Diablo Edge Irons about a month ago from Golfsmith. I tried both the Diablo Edge and X-22 irons (among others) with the launch monitor and the pro who was helping me said, with the Diablo's I was putting less sidespin on the ball and hitting the ball about 5-10 yards further. I'm guessing the deeper cavity back makes them more forgiving, if you occasionally hook or slice the ball, and adds a little distance.

I've had them for about a month and have gone from shooting around 100 to low 90s/high 80s. I attribute some of that improvement to the clubs and some to improving my overall game.

The Diablo's are the replacement for the Big Bertha series, a super game improvement iron. The X22's are the previous offering in the Callaway X series, which is classified as game improvement. You list your handicap as 6, so I would guess the X22's may be a better fit for you, but both are good clubs. You may want to check out the Diablo Forged, a really nice set for people who want a more "player" type club.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now