IGNORED

R400 vs KBS stiff

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use KBS stiff in my irons, but I recently bought a set of MP-29s on ebay. Used, but in good condition. Advertised as having TT DGS300 shafts, but on arrival actually had R400s.

Any thoughts on how big a difference these shafts are from one another?

Obvious thing is to hit them, but I don't want to mark them in case I decide to return them.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

what is the difference between the r400 and the s300?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

R is regular flex, 400 refers to the weight. ie.
R200, R300, R400 (all the same flex, but the 400 will feel stiffer bcuz of the weight)
S200, S300, S400 (same here)

If you are playing KBS's now and you want to keep the R400's I would suggest hard stepping them once. But on a hard step you will have to buy all new shafts anyway. I am not a fan of shaft extenders.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

I use KBS stiff in my irons, but I recently bought a set of MP-29s on ebay. Used, but in good condition. Advertised as having TT DGS300 shafts, but on arrival actually had R400s.

They are used and you won't need to beat 1000 balls to find out they are wrong for you. Don't worry about marking them up. Just go try them.
  • Like 1

R is regular flex, 400 refers to the weight. ie.

No....... the difference between a R300 R400 S300 is frequency. You can have a hundred shafts with the same steps and weight and come up with variable stiffness ranges. True Temper measures the frequency of the shaft to get them into a specific range. (stiffness)

No....... the difference between a R300 R400 S300 is frequency. You can have a hundred shafts with the same steps and weight and come up with variable stiffness ranges. True Temper measures the frequency of the shaft to get them into a specific range. (stiffness)

I beg to differ with you sir and do not mean to cause an argument but here you go:

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/produ...&products;_id=2 The 200,300,400 is weight not frequency
  • Informative 1

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

I beg to differ with you sir and do not mean to cause an argument but here you go:

That is my understanding also.

That is my understanding also.

so will an r400 be heavier (meaning higher swing weight) than a s300?

do the numbers correspond across different shaft stiffnesses?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

R400 is the same weight as an S200..... the numbers correspond with weight not stiffness. The R400 has a weight spread of 7g's over the R200...... So it will still be a Regular Flex, but will FEEL a little stiffer because of weight. It will also be a little less swing weight but not much, a gram or 2 under the S300
  • Informative 1

Its allllllllll good. I never even heard of Brunswick shafts tho

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!