IGNORED

Wilson Staff Iron Shaft Flexes

Note: This thread is 5023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've noticed a lot of the Wilson Staff irons come with "Uniflex" shafts... Is this a happy-medium between Regular and Stiff flex?

I've been searching for a set of new Ci7's but it's tough to find them in Stiff flex.

Thanks

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I've noticed a lot of the Wilson Staff irons come with "Uniflex" shafts... Is this a happy-medium between Regular and Stiff flex?

Medium, yes. Happy, well that is up to you. I am a borderline guy that is now playing regular flex irons. I hit the callaway uniflex and didn't mind the shaft.

Thanks. I've played stiff shafts in all of my clubs for the past few years... but recently my transition has been less aggressive to work on my control and ball striking. I'm a bit hesitant to order a Uniflex, so I might just hold on until I can find a Stiff set somewhere.

These online shops are weird with pricing.. some sites offer them for $199, others $299... then you have guys on Ebay selling used sets for $275 lol

In my stand Bag:

MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

The wilson ultra lite steel shafts in uniflex will play soft if you prefer a stiff shaft they are like a mid dynalite r/s higher launch softer tip. The callaway uniflex was either a rifle or Dynamic gold depending on the iron with a single hard step. So a heavier shaft in the callaway versus a lighter shaft in the wilson.

Ci9 come in stiff flex.

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

I have 2 sets of WS irons, the Ci7s in a stiff TX-105 steel, and the Di9s with uniflex TX-99 steel (the weights being 105g and 99g respectively). Though I could get away with stiff flex, I tend to play regular flex shafts for a bit more kick. To be honest, the stiff TX-105 in the Ci7 is a bit too stiff for me, which is one reason I stopped playing them. If OP was a lefty, I could sell you my set (very lightly used). The TX-105 are definitely not a whimpy stiff flex. The uniflex shafts in my Di9s (technically fat shafts) are great for me--definitely a nice happy medium, not too stiff, not too whippy (and I like the 99g weight--I don't need a real heavy shaft).

So while you still may require a stiff shaft, the uniflex could work for you, but obviously you'd need to try it out for yourself. And I am not sure what the specific uniflex shaft is in the Ci7s, since the Ci7s were only offered stock with the TX-105 shafts, regular or stiff, at least initially.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

I swing easy so I am fine with the Uniflex that came in mine. I was expecting R, but apparently Wilson made a change late in the Ci7's lifecycle away from the TX shaft to the Uniflex shaft.

I only have a SW with the S-flex TX shaft, so it is kind of hard to gauge, but it doesn't feel that much different than the other shafts to me. My guess is they're kind of a "firm" flex, between reg and stiff.

edit: I paid $199 for 4-GW around Christmas 09, and another $30ish for the SW. Definitely don't pay $300! They're nice clubs IMO but they're easily had for $200 new.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Thanks for the replies everybody. I don't swing too hard anymore so the Uniflex may work for me. I just put a bid on a set of Mizuno MP-60's which end in about 20minutes, if I don't win them I'm going to search for a set of Ci7's and give the Uniflex shafts a shot.

In my stand Bag:

$230 plus shipping for the Mp-60's. Pretty darn good deal considering every other auction I saw on Ebay going for at least $260. They should be here on Monday (according to FedEx) so I'll definitely be hitting the range with them and probably taking them out for 9 hole after :) Pretty excited!

In my stand Bag:

$230 plus shipping for the Mp-60's. Pretty darn good deal considering every other auction I saw on Ebay going for at least $260. They should be here on Monday (according to FedEx) so I'll definitely be hitting the range with them and probably taking them out for 9 hole after :) Pretty excited!

New? That seems too good to be true.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

New? That seems too good to be true.

Nah they're used. 8.5/10 condition.

In my stand Bag:

Nah they're used. 8.5/10 condition.

Solid deal then, congrats. There is currently a MP60/MP33 mixed set for >$200 that seems like a good deal, too.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°

Totally different beast than the mild ci7's

Yeah definitely not for me. But the OP is a 12.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°

Note: This thread is 5023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!