IGNORED

Mizuno MX-25

sPinHigh
Note: This thread is 6408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone tried the MX-25's yet?

http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/golf-e...01_-1_1106.htm

I've been planning to get a set of MP-60's but when I tried them together with the MX-23's I was much more consistent with the latter and the feel was about the same to me. So I was planning to get the MX-23's but now I see that the new MX-25's will replace the MX-23's. Any input on this choice is greatly appreciated.
D: Integra SoooLong Graph TI 400cc 10.5 w Harrison Striper Titanium Stiff
FW: Cobra X Speed 4+ (16 deg) w stiff Aldila NV-X
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 2/R 19 deg hybrid
Irons: ICN 3-PW irons
Wedge: Wokey SM 58.08 wedgePutter: "Dead Center" putter

I can't imagine the MX-25's would be anything other than an improved version of the MX-23 (which is really only an improved version of the MX-20). Aesthetically they are really nice looking golf clubs (IMO), my younger brother plays MX-23's at an index of 6.2 and he says they're more than enough club for him to play for the next few years. I would suggest you go hit the 25's though before you make a decision since they're in stores now. Seems like the tiniest nuances in club design may or may not have an impact on how the club sets up and swings. Regarding the MP-60 versus the MX-23, if you're hitting one quite a bit more consistently, in my mind the other shouldn't even be an option anymore.

Good luck in your decision though, anything made my Mizuno is a sound investment if you ask me.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

• 3 weeks later...
Hi There,
My first post on the site and mainly as I found this thread on google.
I have literally just got back from testing and and buying the 25's. I am a tall player so I have had them custom fit, I was hitting a standard 25 and a longer and more upright 23. I liked the 23 but the 25 felt much more natural in the hands they also seemed to be good value for money.
I would definately test the 25's before going for anything else.
Stu

Thanks for your input Stu and welcome here.
MX-25's will not be available here in Sweden for some time though and I get a good price on the 23's so might go for them.

I have not tried the 25's but used to own the 23's, the MX23's are a great stick, i miss them lol. they are soooo easy to hit and they are forged. only gripe for me now is that the sole was too wide. other than that a excellent club.

I have not tried the 25's but used to own the 23's, the MX23's are a great stick, i miss them lol. they are soooo easy to hit and they are forged. only gripe for me now is that the sole was too wide. other than that a excellent club.

I have never had any wide-sole irons. What was the problem with them for you? I'd like to understand if I could get the same problems...

I have never had any wide-sole irons. What was the problem with them for you? I'd like to understand if I could get the same problems...

Wide soles can make working the ball, especially knockdowns more difficult. Wide soles help get the ball airborne and help golfers who tend to hit a bit fat. Type of grass and firmness of ground matter also. Narrow soles are an advantage on firm ground. Someone else would have to explain this, but type of grass, bermuda compared to bent or bluegrass makes a difference also. For what its worth I feel the beveled sole on mx23 and I assume mx25 clubs minimizes this problem.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• 2 weeks later...
I play the MX 25's and I believe they are one of the best iron sets out there.... They are great for any Handicap. They are very light, confortable and has a big sweat spot.

I encourage you to try them.

As i mentioned in the other thread i played the mx-23's for almost a year, i had no real problems with them except i bought them in a regular dynalite gold flex (not stiff enough for my swing speed) because they were only $350 4-pw, which was to good a deal to pass up, i loved them. Very forgiving, the long irons are hybrid easy to hit. and surprisingly they were Extremely long. Game improvement iron at its best. Eventually i parted with them to go with a more workable iron and didnt want to go through the trouble of getting them re-shafted. The only trouble i seemed to have with them was hitting out of longer rough. If you can get a good deal on them rather than forking out another $500 for the mx-25's, why not?

Of course i've never tried the mx-25's so i cant give you a comparison, it comes down to the money you want to spend. But I gaurantee you will not be disappointed with the mx-23's.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Thanks for your input. I decided to go with th mx23's but they were actually sold out so they could never get me a set. Since season is basically over here now I'll wait until next season and get a set of mx-25's. I'm a bit concerned they are not workable enough for me since I play my irons probably a bit better than my handicap indicates (weak with driver&woods;) and am used to work the ball but I really liked the mx23's when I tried them so should be ok.

Note: This thread is 6408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!