IGNORED

v steel or 906F2

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for a new fairway wood, getting tired of my old burner 07 3 wood. After I hit my friend's R9 fairway wood which had a smaller head, I'm in the market for older and cheaper models but still good overall. I searched and came up with either TM V steel or the 906F2. Both are pretty cheap on ebay but unfortunately I can't try these out before I buy them. Seems to me these 2 fairway woods have smaller heads than my burner wood and has better workability. I still see these 2 fairway woods gamed by pros, friends, and random people I pair up with when I go hit 18. Wanted to get some feedback on these 2 fairway woods from people that have hit them or owned them or better yet still game them in their bags.

Thanks

I've played a 906F2 3 wood for a couple years now. I've considered buying a backup. For me, it's longer and straighter off the tee than any other 3 wood I've ever hit. And it's definitely workable. There are easier clubs to get up in the air from the fairway, but that doesn't seem like it should be a concern for you. I hit the 909Fs (and play a 909D2), but there was something missing for me.

That's great to hear, I actually found a 906F2 with a proforce V2 85X which is PERFECT for me. What can I say, I've been turned a titleist junky after I bought the 909D3.

I've played a 906F2 3 wood for a couple years now. I've considered buying a backup. For me, it's longer and straighter off the tee than any other 3 wood I've ever hit. And it's definitely workable. There are easier clubs to get up in the air from the fairway, but that doesn't seem like it should be a concern for you. I hit the 909Fs (and play a 909D2), but there was something missing for me.

I've hit the 909F2 and I liked it alot, but I was looking for a bargain on a 3 wood. The problem with my burner 3 wood is that it launches too high and I lose some distance with it. After I hit my friend's fairway wood, it was going alot farther than my burner(his R9 was set on neutral) So since you said it's not the easiest wood to get up in the air from the fairway, perfect for me because I need the trajectory to lower for my 3 wood.

Penta- you might want to look at the 906f4 as well. These have a shallower face, and are a lot more easy to get into the air off the fairway and rough. As far as the 906 vs. vsteel goes they are both great 3 woods, but it seems like the Titleist is probably the way to go.

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.