IGNORED

Keep losing my replies

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I click on 'reply with quote' or 'reply' button on the last post on a page it pops up a text-box on the page and I merrily type away. More than once I have finished a rather involved post and the clicked the 'Reply To Thread' button that is directly below the box. Instead of doing what the button suggests, it throws away my reply and takes me to the 'advanced reply' box which is not, precisely what I intended.

Is there a chance that this button's behavior could be changed, or could behave like the 'go advanced' button and retain my text?

I'm trying to learn but I reply so infrequently that it is hard to develop the correct habit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Is there a chance that this button's behavior could be changed, or could behave like the 'go advanced' button and retain my text?

Not really, no. I'd have to do some serious hacking to get that to work the way you'd want, and then everyone who is used to the way it works would be goofed up.

Here are two things you can do to help work around the forum behavior that doesn't click with your behavior: a) You can double-click "reply with quote" to go to the "Advanced" screen. b) Alternatively, you can click the multiquote button(s) for any post(s) you want to respond to, then click "Reply to Thread" and the "Submit Reply" button will be below the post like it always is but the "Reply to Thread" button will be ABOVE it. Sorry I can't sympathize with you. This is vBulletin and a LOT of the world's forums use it, so the default behavior is fairly well engrained in my habits.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!