IGNORED

Myrtle next week

flap
Note: This thread is 6348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Will be in Myrtle the week of the 15-22.Anyone else that might want to hook up for some golf?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I would love too.. let me check my calander, oh nope cant do it..

have fun!!!!

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Will be in Myrtle the week of the 15-22.Anyone else that might want to hook up for some golf?

didn't you just recently come back from there??? Geez, you have a tough life

have fun out there. conditions are perfect and weather is sweet - I was there for 2 days last week, I was crying on the ride back

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard the summer heat and drought was rough on the greens. Have they recovered?

I'm heading down in two weeks. Can't wait!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I heard the summer heat and drought was rough on the greens. Have they recovered?

yes they have (at least at the Barefoot resort). They got 4 days of constant showers/rain the weekend of Oct 7th. Greens were PERFECT.... take me with you????

I can't wait -- I go November 9-12.

'The Masters' here I come!

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I can't wait -- I go November 9-12.

I'm heading out on 10/25. I'm pumped to leave cold and dreary NJ behind. Unfortunately, this trip could be my last 4 decent rounds of golf for many months.

Oh BTW, I'm playing Masters as well or at least a hole or two. World Tour is on the docket.

In the bag:

Driver: Taylormade Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III 15*
3 Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*Irons: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 4-10 Wedges: Callaway Big Bertha 2004 W (gap) Cleveland 588 56* (sand) 60* (lob)Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #6Ball: Top Flite GamerBa...

take me with you????

Thanks Rafi! I'd invite you but this is the trip with the wives. I'd hate to see my wife knock it past you.

It's embarassing when she does it to me. We're playing entirely on Pawley's Island this year (except for our annual grudge match at Tupelo Bay under the lights). Besides, you've got all those winnings to spend anyway.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I'm heading out on 10/25. I'm pumped to leave cold and dreary NJ behind. Unfortunately, this trip could be my last 4 decent rounds of golf for many months.

Have fun - in November we play Wicked Stick, Tidewater, TPC, and World Tour.

At the Masters, make sure you get the free balls

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Ok here is the report.On Sunday when we landed we played The Love course at barefoot and it was in great shape.Monday we played Carolina national and 2 of the 3 nines were great the 3rd had just been overseeded so it was cart paths only but greens were fantastic.Mon afternoon we played Oyster Bay and it too was in great shape.Tuesday morn was Caledonia which is allways in great shape and Tues afternoon it was Crow Creek which has all its greens back to mint condition.Wednesday morn was The Dye course which was the first time I played it but definitly not the last it was a truly great course.Wed afternoon it was Pearl East which was in OK shape.Thuesday Morn we played the Dunes which is one of the best courses in the country as far as I'm concerned and it too was in great shape and Thursday afternoon we played lets do laundry and relax a bit.Friday morn we played Longbay and the greens gave me fits with all the undulations and for Bermuda they were QUICK.Firday afternoon we played Shaftsbury Glenn which was in good shape.On Saturday morn we played one of our favorits Tidewater and as allways it was magnificent.In the afternoon we played Black Bear which for the last round of the week was ok but I would not reccomend it for a Primary round.So thats it me and the Mrs. played fairly well my low score was 81 at the dunes and the Mrs best was 92 at The Dye course.All in all myrtle was averaging 83 degrees but now has same cold front as rest of east coast so check the computer before packing as it can be 40 in the early morning but once sun is up it warms real fast.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

...we played The Love course.. Carolina national...Oyster Bay ... Caledonia ...Crow Creek ...he Dye course... Pearl East...the Dunes ...Longbay...Shaftsbury Glenn...Tidewater...Black Bear..

ok, I knew I didn't like you before but now I just straight out hate your guts. call me jealous, whatever.

I'm sick of reading your reports from Myrtle while I'm sitting in my office and outside it's barely over 40deg. but seriously - great trip. You selected your courses visely what a great package

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back last night -- quick report

Played Wicked Stick on Thursday (warm up round). The course was decent and overall the greens were good. Nothing too fancy. We got in about nine due to the late time we got in. Friday we played Tidewater. Great course, in very good shape. Enjoyed the round immensely. Worth the money. Ditto for Saturday when we played World Tour - again, course was in good shape and the round was a lot of fun. Sunday we played TPC of Myrtle. Nice challenging course with the ABSOLUTELY worst greens I have ever played. I guess they were diseased or something - bare patches everywhere! Our tee time was 7:32 AM, and we must have seen a total of 7-8 groups all day. The place was deserted!? Leaves everywhere with no signs of ground crew until noon! Now granted they got rain Saturday night, but still you would think the guys would be out getting the crap blown out of the way....I had a mind to ask for a refund. You would think a 'TPC' course would be in better shape.

Only regret - no gentleman's club on this trip There's always next year.

Its in the heart of transition (rye planting), fairways are soggy and the rye grass is thin and long. They need to keep them wet for the seed to deepen and take. Most courses are cartpart only and extremely crowded despite the sogginess as the days while short are fairly nice.

Thanks for the feedback from the locals. We were very surprised to find a TPC facility in that poor of a condition. For what they charge, they should have offered some discount/credit or something. My fault for not asking....

not that I think that i am the end all but I allways thought that as far as the upscale courses in Myrtle go that the TPC and World Tour were overpriced.I agree that Tidewater is a gem and you should really play the Dunes it is a world class course.Your trip was well thought out and sorry for the TPC but next time hit TRU BLUE Caledonia 36 and smile!!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

Note: This thread is 6348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!