IGNORED

14 yo DQ's self after winning wisconsin junior PGa tournament

Dad-2-3
Note: This thread is 4990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You don't. He had no option when his error was exposed. I'm guessing that he actually didn't know the rule and when his situation was made clear to him, he knew he had no option but to do the right thing. Remember, the story didn't say that he got home and noticed the extra club. Someone else noticed it.

I just read another blog.

Let’s remember something here. Zach didn’t discover the extra club. A golf professional did. It’s one thing to slink back to the scoring tent after a rules-infraction revelation that no one is aware of but you. It’s another to do so after being alerted by someone else. Especially a golf professional. Especially a golf professional who’s your mentor. When celebrated for calling a penalty on himself at the 1925 U.S. Open, Bobby Jones replied: “You may as well praise a man for not robbing a bank.”

It's not really that big of a deal, his pro told him there was 15 clubs in the bag and to DQ himself.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I have to strongly disagree with what you say here. My experience is the complete opposite. I've found kids to be very honest and sincerely interested in doing the right thing.

That's ok. You can disagree. I'm not saying all kids are bad. While I don't have kids of my own I have been a youth pastor for 3+ years and worked with inner city kids and also with more priviledged kids. The more priviledged, i.e. ones that would be brought up in a home pushing a game like golf, are the ones more prone to have that sense on entitlement.

I've also had to work with kids with many different problems. I'm talking 8-10 year olds that try to get into drugs, steal anything they can get their hands on, demean women, etc. Not all kids are "very honest and sincerely interested in doing the right thing." Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with you strongly disagreeing with me. :) I do agree that it's mainly adults problems though. When a kid at the age of 10 wants a cell phone becuase all their friends have one and the parent gets them one whats that tell them? "I deserve this." Parents in my generation (again, this doesn't mean ALL parents so don't twist it that way) don't know how to raise kids. It's sad really. Not all kids are bad so don't take what I said that way. I just wish that kids as a whole were taught better than that. You work for what you want. You haven't earned anything material by merely existing. Take pride in yourself and your work ethic. Try to better yourself and those around you. I hate when little leagues give trophies to every kid. It's ridiculous. (I'm sure someone will disagree with that too but that's ok. It's just one man's opinion. :)) Sorry I'm so cynical. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

That's ok. You can disagree. I'm not saying all kids are bad. While I don't have kids of my own I have been a youth pastor for 3+ years and worked with inner city kids and also with more priviledged kids. The more priviledged, i.e. ones that would be brought up in a home pushing a game like golf, are the ones more prone to have that sense on entitlement.

I think we all understand and get how much better you are than everybody else. That said, you sound extremely bitter, maybe because you weren't brought up with the advantages the so called "entitled" kids have been. I have coached youth hockey and help out with junior golf at my course, and I am suprised more and more by the character a lot of the kids have at the ages of 10-15. Keep in mind, these are the kids that will be developing the technology that will make your life easier in the coming years. It isn't a matter of disagreeing with you, it is a matter of ignorance.

I think we all understand and get how much better you are than everybody else.

Wow. I didn't get that from what yenner said at all.

It isn't a matter of disagreeing with you, it is a matter of ignorance.

You have a different set of experiences than someone else. That doesn't make someone else's experiences less valid than yours, and it certainly doesn't make them ignorant.

Bill

Note: This thread is 4990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!