• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
8.5_Drive

2 degree flat irons

7 posts in this topic

Ive used my callaway x14's since i was a noobie, they are 2 degrees flat because i was only 15 when i bought them

Now im somewhat 'normal' height, do i stick with what i know or go standard?

Ive got a choice of some flat Taylor Mades or standard ones. Or stick with the Callaways.

Decisions Decisions...

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Ive used my callaway x14's since i was a noobie, they are 2 degrees flat because i was only 15 when i bought them

Go hit some standard lie irons and see if they are giving you the contact and ball flight that you are looking for. If you decide that you like a standard lie, save yourself some jing and have the X-14 adjusted. You are a 8.0....so Im thinking that you should easily know if the heel or toe is digging. I never likes putting tape on the sole of the club and swinging off of a board or a mat. I always took my clubs to the course or a turf driving range to see how they reacted while striking down through the ball and turf.

I always took my clubs to the course or a turf driving range to see how they reacted while striking down through the ball and turf.

Yeah im gonna be playing a round with the some new irons this afternoon.

I guess i like the way flat irons lie, i dont like to have the toe in the air atall

Yeah im gonna be playing a round with the some new irons this afternoon.

Actually, the toe should be raised at address slightly if the lie angle is correct, assuming your set up is proper.

Actually, the toe should be raised at address slightly if the lie angle is correct, assuming your set up is proper.

I suppose it does, its not totally flat on the floor. Im just so used to playing with flat clubs now i dont know if i should change.. soon see

you should head to a golf store and hit the brand you want on a lie board. Between manufacturers, "Standard lie" could be different. For my callaways, i was 1 degree flat, but on my mizunos, i'm standard.

you should head to a golf store and hit the brand you want on a lie board. Between manufacturers, "Standard lie" could be different. For my callaways, i was 1 degree flat, but on my mizunos, i'm standard.

Lie boards lie. Players will almost always tend to adjust grip and stance to the club so that it fits thier eye before swinging. The best way to check a lie is to go play or hit balls on a turf range.