IGNORED

3 funny / strange things in one day...

TheGeekGolfer
Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my buddy was at the driving range and the guy next to him toes one off the barricade, goes backwards, hits a pipe, hits the ceiling, off the wall, takes a bounce and lands in another guys 1/2 drank beer glass for a hole in one!

#1  -  when i was on my high school golf team, I was playing a practice round with the principal and the coach.   I hit a shot on a par 4 that had a chute through the trees.  I blocked my shot to the right, it hit a tree and bounced way left.  Hit another tree and shot over our heads, behind us.  Hit a tree behind us (it was a dense bunch of trees the tee was carved from) and rolled through my principal's feet between us.

#2 -  played with a friend of mine at a nice course in Northern NJ.  We got teamed with a man and his son-in-law, Frank.  Frank did not know much about etiquette or the golf swing.  He almost hit my buddy and I while we were standing parallel 20 yards to the left of him (he shot it sideways and behind him...don't know how to do that).   He also blamed everything on the course for why his "shots" weren't working that day.  Ground was too hard, holes weren't laid out right, greens were bad...etc...

Anyway, going down #16 he drove into a bunch of high grass between plateaus on the fairway.  He gave us a nice dissertation on how badly the hole was laid out and that the PGA would never allow this.  He hacked three times to get his ball out, and ended up picking it up and throwing it towards the green.   His father-in-law turned to us and said "Jesus Christ, it's like playing golf with my daughter."  Then he shook his head and walked away.

Next hole, Frankie almost aced a par 3, but then three putted.  He literally hit 2 feet to the right of the hole and it rolled 30 feet past.  After he missed his par putt he claimed that the greens were in such poor shape that he should have made birdie.  His father-in-law rolled his eyes behind Frank's head and muttered something.   I hope they never played together again....

Driver:  TaylorMade Burner 9.5 degree R Flex

3-Wood:  TaylorMade RocketBallz 15 Stiff flex

Hybrid:  Cobra Baffler 19 degree

Irons:  Cobra S2 irons  4-PW

Wedges:  52.08 Hogan, 56.14 Vokey and 60.07 Vokey

Putter:  1967 Muirfield Blade putter

This was only funny after the victim was laughing when we made it to her.

Playing 18 at a pretty nice course in Palm Coast, FL. It was a slow day, so the (very hot) cart girl had been by three times already, and her and my buddy, one of my regular playing partners, seemed to hit it off. We were teeing off on I think 16, a slight dogleg left par 5, and we saw her coming up the cart path. Since we were on the tee box, she stopped along the outer edge of the dogleg under a tree to let us hit. I hit an absolute bomb, and since we have a standing bet for longest drive on par 5s, I guess he felt like he needed to put a little extra into his tee shot. He hit it, and pushed it right. I lost it through the sun, so I shaded my eyes and looked down the right edge.

A few seconds later, the cart girl fell out of her cart.

We hightailed it to her, and it had ended up going off her knee on the fly. Already had a beautiful welt coming up, but she was actually laughing, and said, "Now you have to get my number. If I have medical bills, you're getting them."

So, everything worked out in the end lol

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!