IGNORED

My Swing (juanrjackson)

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 4960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All, here are some videos of my swing. Thank you in advance for any feeback!

http://www.v1golfacademy.com/SwingStore/7BCA457A.wmv

http://www.v1golfacademy.com/SwingStore/D0560607.wmv

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

sweet swing

you sure your an 18 handicapper?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I don't always time my release correctly & my drive can spray to the left & right :{

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Juan, I checked your swing. Not bad at all - lots of good things in it. Especially your down swing plane. Don't change that at all. One thing you have to get better at and this will make you better. You need to maintain your spine angle better through the entire down swing. You tend to stand up and once this starts to happen, things go haywire in the swing. Give it a try! It will help you.

Here are the videos. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

left arm.
it's bending at the top, lack of flexibility might be it and your trying to compensate by bending your arm to get to parallel.

You don't need to get so far back, how far can you go back without bending your left arm?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I like your full shoulder turn. You do a good job of rotating your shoulders vertically. Your shoulder turn plane looks really good.

Try working on improving the connection of your right elbow to your body throughout the swing (especially the downswing) and getting a lot more weight onto the left side at impact. Try getting your hips as far forward as you can into impact.

There are other things to work on, but I'd work on the above first.

Watch this video. Notice the great connection of the right elbow to the torso and how far forward the left hip is at impact.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Here's a down the line view of Hogan's swing (wish I could find a good slomo, but you can freezeframe/pause it pretty well)
Again notice how well he keeps his right arm connected to his torso.

Every great ballstriker has good connection of the right elbow to the torso on the downswing. There are some (Nicklaus, for example), that lift the elbow up off the torso during the last bit of the backswing, but their first move on the forward swing (with the arms) is to drop the right elbow back onto the torso. These added moves of lifting and dropping the elbow make the swing more complicated and error prone, but some can succeed with it.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Try working on improving the connection of your right elbow to your body throughout the swing (especially the downswing) and getting a lot more weight onto the left side at impact. Try getting your hips as far forward as you can into impact.

Thanks for the advice. What is a good drill to for getting your hips forward?

Juan, I checked your swing. Not bad at all - lots of good things in it. Especially your down swing plane. Don't change that at all. One thing you have to get better at and this will make you better. You need to maintain your spine angle better through the entire down swing. You tend to stand up and once this starts to happen, things go haywire in the swing. Give it a try! It will help you.

I am always working on keeping maintaining my spine angle. That is a constant battle I have with myself. Thank you for the feedback!

Erik's preset hips/weight forward drill.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Erik's preset hips/weight forward drill.

Thanks for this video. I was working on this today on the course! I got mixed results. I just need to work on my timing.

Note: This thread is 4960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!