IGNORED

My Swing (Billy79)

Billy79
Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

Finally escaped newbie-ville and hopefully found a place that can help.

I've been playing golf since 2005 on and off due to job requirements. However, this has changed and I now have ample amount of time to allocate to practice and improvement. When I first started I took a block of six lessons that defines my current swing.

Before I buy a new set of clubs (sometime next year) and get them fitted I want to incorporate any major swing changes before hand. I'm seeking to have a more consistent and repeatable swing as my ball striking is not bad however my swing consistancy and accuracy leaves room for improvement.

I've posted on other forums and received a few helpful hints, however the responses have been limited.

Can anyone identify any major leaks in my swing that requires dramatic changes? Any suggestions and comments are more than welcome.

A few tips that I've gotten have been balance issue, which seem to be easily corrected by changing how I position my weight at address (had them on my toes and now on my heels).

Another was a very helpful tip that cured a pull I had, which you can see in this (fast forward 30 seconds)

After incorporating a more downward start to my back swing it has corrected this issue.

Currently I am pushing the ball slightly to the right with a bit of a fade. Nothing horrible but noticeable.

A few basic things I've noticed is taking the club to far back and creating a bit of a reverse pivot.

So hopefully I get more responses and help from you find people that will help me along my path of a consistent and reliable swing.

Not the greatest camera views (second video is better)
Please post a face on view, I think some of your bigger swing issues would be seen more clearly face on.

Some things I notice:

Your right arm bends very early in the backswing.

You would benefit from moving your hips significantly further forward on the downswing. This will enable you to extend more (with your spine, legs, and arms) into impact.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Not the greatest camera views (second video is better)

I went today but the front veiw got messed up.....going to get some more video this afternoon hopefully.

Thanks for the response.

The big picture

Specifics

Address: Grip is a bit too weak. Rotate your wrists so that the "v's" are pointing between your chin and right shoulder. You are a bit too hunched over
Backswing: Backswing should be more shoulders, less arms. Rotate your shoulders more vertically. Try bringing your hands in behind you more (see deep hands thread) Keep your right arm more connected to the torso.
Forward swing: Much more with the lower body. Drive hips forward first, push forward with the legs, then drop arms down. Keep right arm more connected to the torso. Extend more into impact.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Hey, you are really flexible when turning! Would do a little less, though on the backswing.

Keep the left arm straight through impact (position 7). When the arms are parallel to the ground (position 8), the should be both straight.

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!