IGNORED

Spikeless shoes

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am becoming more and more interested in the spikeless golf shoes (ie...Ecco Street Premier, or True). Are there any others to check out? How about any "regular" shoes that I could buy at a Foot Locker or something? I have arthritis in my right knee and was having problems with my knee after a round. Recently I forgot my shoes at home and had to play in my regular sneakers. My knee felt much better after the round, not to mention my feet felt better as well.

One other thing, if I dish out the money for one of the above mentioned shoes, how long can I expect the tread to last? I would still use them only for golf, but probably would wear them right from my house rather than changing into them. Thank you for any and all help.

• Administrator
Got a review of the TRUE Tours set to publish tomorrow. You should check those out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Funny that you mention this because today my knee is hurting. Im only 30 so this really concerns me. I golfed everyday for the past week and this isn't the first time I've had knee pain after a lot of golf. Do you think your arthritis might have been brought on from years of golfing in golf shoes? I only ask because I remember reading an article about knee pain being caused by wearing golf shoes because of the amount of twisting the knee does.

I'm 34 years old and I'll tell you the arthritis sucks. Mine is definitely not from golf as I just started playing last year. I've had 2 knee surgeries since 2003, most of the damage was done from years of basketball. I took up golf because other sports are pretty much a thing of the past for me (after my last mri the surgeon told me that looking at the images and the amount of arthritis he'd guess that I was about 60 years old). I have a feeling my knee hurts alot after a round because of the cleats sometimes gripping the ground while my knee twists. I'm hoping some sort of new shoes help a little. I can tolerate the pain, but can't walk the course as often as I'd like.

Hey OP,

FYI, kingdom59.com has some ecco spikeless shoes on sale today. Just sign up with them and you'll get to see the "Deals". By the way, I'm in no way associated with them, but its worth checking out if you're serious about purchasing some of those shoes. And if you do, let me know cuz i'm interested too :P

I've been meaning to pull the trigger on some ECCO shoes but also am curious about the nubs lasting. $150 for a pair of shoes that you can't replace the grip on is pretty expensive. I'll be looking for that TRUE review also.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!