IGNORED

My first Launch Monitor session

IceDave
Note: This thread is 5113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Took my first Launch monitor session yesterday at my local driving range. I've seen these gadgets set up in stores but never bothered getting more info on them. Until my pro asked me to check out my swing speed with the driver with regards to the shaft I was currently using. For all clubs, my trajectory was minor draw in the end, but with my driver it was the opposite.

I got to the range an hour early and emptied one bucked of 50 balls with my SW and 7-iron to get my groove in and warm up. The session started with some technical difficulties as half of the keyboard for the laptop used to monitor was disabled. We had to attach another keyboard and then we were good to go.

For my first drive the guy monitoring asked my to use my current driver. I stepped up took my stance and to my bewilderment blasted a rocket so straight and without the usual fade in the end. Another ball went on the tee and the same thing happened, except i got my usual draw, not a fade. This just kept on going for my driver for the full session. I also tried out some Proforce shafts, both stiff and regular but I didn't seem to have any major effect unless for some of my drives with the regular tended to be more erratic.

I don't know the exact lingo for the LM stats but my solidity of hit was 1.48 to 1.49 of 1.50. Swingspeed 99-104, and minimal spin. Only thing I had to look into was my launch angle, but after moving the ball an inch or two closer to my left foot I could get that as high as 18. So no reshafting needed, a quiet relief so to speak.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

Note: This thread is 5113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!