IGNORED

Alligators on the course. . .

Splifton
Note: This thread is 4611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seen a few alligators in Florida during our annual golf pilgrimage. Pretty cool to see a live one - from a distance!!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

no gators, but a few kangaroos on some courses, the odd king brown snake or dugite snake, which can be found in some sand pits sunning themselves (lost ball if I land in one of them for sure!)

No, but when it does happen it is usually because of the golfer's own stupidity such as reaching into a lagoon to retrieve a ball, playing too close to the 'gator, etc.  Every incident I know of in my area has been from golfers reaching into lagoons with their hands to get their balls rather than using a club or ball retriever.  'Gators love to hang out along the edges and they're not always easy to see.

Originally Posted by Zwick

Thank god there are no alligators in Europe. This would really scare me up.

Does it often happen, that golfers get bitten?

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by Splifton

My brother was telling me this story on Christmas day of his experience golfing in Mexico where he said he shanked his ball in a pond/lake.  When he went to go retrieve his ball he said that he saw an alligator within five feet of his ball.  He got the ball no problem.

Apparently after my brother hit his shot and approached the green, some bystander was walking his dog and his dog was headed towards the pond to get a drink.  As the dog lapped up the water, my brother started running towards the dog owner and his dog while yelling at the dog owner trying to warn him about the alligator(s) in the pond. During this time my brother could see the alligator move in towards the dog.  Luckily the dog owner got his dog away from the pond in time.

My brother however said he was tempted to not say anything to see what would happen, but some how he could not help himself from saving the dog.  I told him that if he video'd it and put it on YouTube it would go viral like Antoine Dodson.

I live in California, so alligators are rare in this part of the country.

The question I have is: has anyone seen an alligator get crazy or should I say do create some mayhem while on the course?

Haha you told that story very well... I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see if the dog died or lived and whether you saved it or if you saw some horrible horrible carnage.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tsbrewers

The meanest things we have on the course around here are geese.

honest question, if you hit your ball near one, do you get a free drop??

Brew

If they are on the green you get 2 free puts. If you chip over them and in, you get to subtract one stroke from the hole's total.

caphenning.com Personal Maritime Solutions

Note: This thread is 4611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!