• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
ifej434

Is there a Taylormade alternative to the Superdeep R9 that has a similar pear shape/compact clubhead that isnt so expensive?

ifej434    0

I have a tradein credit at Taylormade preowned and I'm trying to find a driver that isnt too expensive.  Going to the store I liked the compact/ pear shape head of the superdeep r9 as opposed to the huge clubhead of the Burner driver.  Does anyone know of an older Taylormade model that has a smaller/compact pear shaped head like the superdeep r9?  I see alot of used clubs on the website but i dont know from the descriptions which one would have a similar clubhead.  Thanks.

delav    40

The old 510TP is the closest thing to the new r9 superdeep.  Unless you are looking for a very deep face and low spin, you can consider others too.  The R5 and R7 (Quad, 425, 460) all had traditional looking heads as opposed to the triangular/high MOI heads of the Burner, R9, etc...  They aren't exactly 'pear shaped' but more symmetrical and pretty good looking at address.  FWIW, i really like the R7 425 TP in my bag.

The suggestion for the R7 425TP is a very good one, I have one and like it very much.  Great shape, great feel, and great sound.  And, you can get 'em for like 100 bucks these days!