IGNORED

Trip to Tampa in Janurary!!

Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by meenman

Every hack is teeing off from the blues when 3 out of each 4-some cant seem to reach the red tees on tee 1.

LOL...too funny and true...heck #1 can be challenging from any tee if you don't hit it straight.  I think more and more golf courses should have people play the proper tee according to their GHIN handicap...it sure would speed up play and I think golfers would enjoy themselves more...heck I have even seen a 30 handicapper play the tips because I am and I tell them they do not have to because I am but they insist...then after about 3-4 holes they change and start playing the proper tee...wonder what score they posted for their handicap that day???

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Originally Posted by Rebel_Golfer

Quote:

Quote:

If you guys would like to get together and play while I am there, I'd welcome the opportunity to play a nice track with people who know it!! I will be looking to play either Saturday 1/29 or Sunday 1/30...

We have 8:22 at RH every Sat - you are more than welcome to join

That would be great! Thanks! Can you hook me up with some directions from the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay by the airport?

Rebel_Golfer you will enjoy RH...if I remember correctly the tough holes are #4 and I always thought #9 was a good hole...if you play the tips then #6 will be a challenege...enjoy!!!

Originally Posted by i-Guy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you guys would like to get together and play while I am there, I'd welcome the opportunity to play a nice track with people who know it!! I will be looking to play either Saturday 1/29 or Sunday 1/30...

We have 8:22 at RH every Sat - you are more than welcome to join

That would be great! Thanks! Can you hook me up with some directions from the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay by the airport?

Rebel_Golfer you will enjoy RH...if I remember correctly the tough holes are #4 and I always thought #9 was a good hole...if you play the tips then #6 will be a challenege...enjoy!!!

I am looking forward to it! I will probably stick to the whites or whatever is just ahead of the tips... it is winter for me after all so I am probably more than a little rusty. Plus, I am not chancing bringing my new clubs through the airline, just gonna throw my old set in a travel bag. So, this could be very interesting!!! lol...

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Oh you will enjoy RH no matter which tee box you play from...I only mentioned #6 from the tips becuase it is literally all carry over water (par 3) from the tips...from the white there is land between you and the hole...

Oh you will enjoy RH no matter which tee box you play from...I only mentioned #6 from the tips becuase it is literally all carry over water (par 3) from the tips...from the white there is land between you and the hole...

Its #7 but yeah that is a fun hole. Thats prob my favorite hole even from the white. 155 yrds all the time from the whites. So as soon as I put my putter back in back after #6 I grab my 7 iron out. lol

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mrd19abhs

Its #7 but yeah that is a fun hole. Thats prob my favorite hole even from the white. 155 yrds all the time from the whites. So as soon as I put my putter back in back after #6 I grab my 7 iron out. lol

Oh yeah it is #7...dang it has a been a long time since I played there...I forgot about #4 (par 3)  when I was counting earlier.

So then on my earlier post I meant #5 is a a tough hole not #4..isn't #5 the #1 handicap hole?

I think 8 is the #1 hc hole but #5 is the longest par 4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrd19abhs

Oh yeah it is #7...dang it has a been a long time since I played there...I forgot about #4 (par 3)  when I was counting earlier.

So then on my earlier post I meant #5 is a a tough hole not #4..isn't #5 the #1 handicap hole?

WITB:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back home, and already dreading the difference in weather (30 degrees colder w/ ice storm on the way, YAY!) Anyway, just wanted to thank the guys (meenman & Mrd19abhs)  at River Hills for taking me out on their track. Had a GREAT time! Enjoyed the track and the weather was perfect. Game was off, but still had fun so that is good.

I did manage to sneak in 18 this morning at Rocky Point as well. Worked out perfectly as I teed off at about 7:20, rolled right through and was back at the hotel by 11:30. Not a bad track, typical of a muni, reminded me of Rocky Point back home.

Thanks again guys, really enjoyed playing. If you ever make it up this way, let me know and we'll get out and hit a local track up this way!

Chris

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I think everyone had a good time.

I will say you experienced those bunkers more in one day than I have in a few months, but I appreciate you elevating my game for a day anyway.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I would agree it was nice to have someone new out and playing had a good time and if I ever make it up that way ill be sure to take ya up on your offer to get out and play a round. Glad ya enjoyed it.

WITB:

Note: This thread is 4982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!