IGNORED

Wicked Stick course in SC

Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone play the Wicked Stick course in SC? If so please give feedback will be playing there in a week. Thanks.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I played it about 5 years ago. All in all, I would describe it as nothing special. It is pretty much flat and wide open as you might expect from a John Daly course.

It is a straight-forward course with few surprises.... not one of the top courses in Myrtle, IMO.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Hey Rebel thanks for the response. The reason it was picked was due to the description. Would you say it would be a good course for a high handicapper and his father? My father hasn't played in like 10 years? I am still learning and would like to hit a few fairways. Thanks

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Hey Rebel thanks for the response. The reason it was picked was due to the description. Would you say it would be a good course for a high handicapper and his father? My father hasn't played in like 10 years? I am still learning and would like to hit a few fairways. Thanks

Oh absolutely, it is a great course for that scenario! Like I said, it is pretty much wide open as I recall!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

"Nothing special" covers it well.

Want an affordable course that is not overly difficult?

Check out Possum Trot and Waterway Hills in North Myrtle Beach. Very nice courses and well maintained. Not too hard and good values in the area. Want one high tier course, check out Glen Dornach a few miles north of this area. My favorite MB course.

-Dan

Originally Posted by Danattherock

"Nothing special" covers it well.

Want an affordable course that is not overly difficult?

Check out Possum Trot and Waterway Hills in North Myrtle Beach. Very nice courses and well maintained. Not too hard and good values in the area. Want one high tier course, check out Glen Dornach a few miles north of this area. My favorite MB course.

-Dan

Agreed, Possum Trot has an outstanding practice facility, too. I played Glen Dornoch in November, great course! I still rank Shaftesbury Glen ahead of it, personally, but it is a fine course!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Depends on where your going to be in Myrtle, I've played Wicked once and wasn't a huge fan of it.  I'm from Pauleys Island just south of Myrtle.  So if your looking for alternatives I might be able to help ya out.

Originally Posted by Heroe123

Depends on where your going to be in Myrtle, I've played Wicked once and wasn't a huge fan of it.  I'm from Pauleys Island just south of Myrtle.  So if your looking for alternatives I might be able to help ya out.

That would be great, thanks. I will be staying in about 10 minutes from the airport. I think my dads place is also only a few minutes from the mall and if I remember correctly from the last time I was there about 15 minutes from Martins PGA superstore.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I played Wicked Stick a few years ago. It is OK, but nothing special. From your description of your father and yourself I would say it is a good course to play. I also agree that Possum Trot and Waterway Hills would be great courses for the both of you. Have fun.

Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!