IGNORED

poor contact

rhabc123
Note: This thread is 6373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi, can anyone help me out? I hit lots of my shot thin with my irons and driver. I saw a drill in a golf book which said to stop the club quickly after impact. When i do this drill my contact is sweet. I have 3 videos of my swing at the bottom of this page, video 1 and 3 are my normal swing and video 2 is me doing the drill. Can someone plz look at them and suggest anything?
thanks rhys

http://files.filefront.com//;6222962;;/

http://files.filefront.com//;6223000;;/

http://files.filefront.com//;6223018;;/

hi, Is my port this crap, why isnt anyone answering? are the videos to difficult to download, or is the post just useless. Can some plz have a look at the videos and suggest a reason for me thinning the ball.

thanks rhys

Hey rahbc,

I will give this a go for you. It is a problem that i too have to fight.

I have reviewed Videos 1 & 2 and that is all one needs to see.

Overall, It is a pretty nice swing - nice set up, nice coil - In fact, it is hard to believe you are a 36. Look better - until impact.

Bottom line.

Look at video 1 - move the video to a point where in the downswing, the club is about a foot or two from impact, about parallel with your right leg (left side in video). Notice that you have released the club already. This is evident by seeing the club shaft line up with your left arm - BUT POINTING STILL AT YOUR RIGHT FOOT! That means in the remaining distance to the ball, the clubheads momentum will pull it past your arms/hands just after impact.

This is seen by forwarding the video a bit to just past impact - a foot or two. Notice here that your left arm is pointing down to your left foot, with wrist broken inward - but the club head is pointing well past this 1 to 2 feet - IT HAS RACED BY YOUR BODY. You have released early & will strike the ball almost on an upswing type contact from that - scooping.

If you look at video of very good players, the left arm and shaft line up at IMPACT, perhaps even just after, and actually stay in a line for a good bit after impact.

Notice in video 2 that just after impact, your left arm is lined up with the club much better - well after impact (2 feet or so after).

THIS IS A MATTER OF KEEPING ARM SWING IN SYNC WITH BODY TURN!

The way to learn this sync is with SMALL SWING DRILLS.

take a back swing to 9 oclock - with some wrist hinge - lead with lower body and swing thru - CUT OFF THE SWING AT 3 oclock (arms)

If you swing body and arms in sync, you will be able to stop the club easily and have it extended straight out with your arms at 3 or even 4 oclock. If your upper body "HIT AT" the ball - the club will go flying by your hands when you try to cut it off at 3 or 4 oclock.

Boy, that is a lot to say. I'm tired now!

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA IN YOUR DRILL VIDEO - IT IS JUST TOO LONG A SWING FOR A DRILL. DO 9-3'S & 9-4'S FOR A WHILE AND WATCH YOUR IMPACT & POST IMPACT POSITIONS IMPROVE ON VIDEO.

Good Luck!

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

thanks alot j.p, What you say makes alot of scense. That is what i noticed, that when i fell like i hit the ball and stop the follow through i strike it much better. When i have had lessons the pros have said to not do the drill because it stops a free flowing follow through. I have been doing this drill for a while and it hasnt tranfered to my normal swing at all, maybe its because im doing it with full swings. i will try your suggestions. I am actually a 2 handicapp, im not sure why it says 36, i think it is because i didnt fill all the member form in properly. thanks alot for your help
rhys

Note: This thread is 6373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!