IGNORED

Off Season Series - Experiencences & Ideas Wanted

BigAl5150
Note: This thread is 6371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am going to be doing a short series over the winter about what golfers can do over the off-season to stay in golf shape. I would like to give you, our forum members an opportunity to share what you do during your off-season (for those who get to play year around, I'm jealous ).

Here are the first two topics:

1. Indoor Practice Facilities - Heated ranges, golf domes (also incorporating what you can get for your home – practice mats, nets, etc)
  2. Equipment (Looking at the various equipment one can use (Swing Setter, weighted clubs, tougher clubs to hit, etc)

I would like some quality examples of things that have worked (or not) as well as letting me know what products you have used that the rest of us may find useful. Just post in this forum and we'll use some of your suggestions/experiences in the upcoming series.

Thanks!

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great Idea! When I first started golf I used to hit balls in my garage into a tarp I hung against the back wall (during winter). The problem was I didn't have enough room to swing the club properly. This forced me into a terrible swing pattern and the next year I had the shanks so bad it took a long time to figure out what was going wrong and to fix it.
I think heated ranges are okay, the ones by me don't really heat up enough. This winter I want to get on a stretching routine and try to get exercise indoors as much as I can.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

I play a lot of carpet golf. Nice long stretch between the living and dining room. I lay two business cards down about 20 feet apart. Putt to one and chip with either of two wedges back again.

I think the short chipping helps the most. Being short sided to the pin is one of the toughest shots out there.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Note: This thread is 6371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!