IGNORED

Ball Finding Tips

pueblo
Note: This thread is 4036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I look for balls, it has become a sort of hobby for me. I don't go out of my way when playing with others or when the course is busy, I will go late in the day and pay to play the course knowing I'll only get a partial game in so I can look in difficult places for balls. I do this once in a while when working late driving past a course I know pretty well.

My record in one day is 520 balls.

I have specific areas on specific courses that I know where to look. Some advantages to this are, I've gotten to know the characteristics of several different types of balls and, I have lots of expendable balls to practice with when I'm playing alone on an empty course. I give alot of them back practicing off the tee.

I started playing last summer so my game is a work in progress but I've reached the point where I like to play with new balls when playing with a group when I'm keeping score. I prefer the longer less spin balls because I can't effectively stop balls on the greens yet so I like to hit them as far as I can with my driver. I play with rocket balls or e6s right now.

Incidentally, I have over 1300 balls in my garage last count that's after giving hundreds away to friends and relosing them on the course.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

Wow, 520! I just can't seem to find 'em other than in the water. Got any tips about where you find them mostly? If I find any others, it's usually plugged in the soft ground around water, rather than in the water. I never find them in the trees or rough?

Originally Posted by MS256

There was a guy that was almost blind that used to walk his rounds where I play early in the morning before anyone got there. He always used the yellow balls so he could see them better. Anytime I found a yellow ball I would leave it at the clubhouse so he could get it back.

One foggy day as I was playing my round I noticed that about every 200 yards there were several yellow balls in the fairway and I gathered them up. About halfway through my round I saw him up ahead in another fairway and it appeared he was looking for a ball (which I could see) so I went over to show him where it was and give him his balls back. I told him he had 160 yards to the pin. He hit a shot that landed right beside the pin and I said great shot. He said "Thanks...Now if I can find it". I told him to just go to the pin and look down and he wouldn't have any trouble.

that is really cool.  i wonder how he was even able to see the pin to aim at!  that guy must have some patience.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I don't go to the course searching for lost golf balls.

Who knows where they've been?

Ugh.

lol, they aren't hookers.

i played a course the other day that sits on a protected national park.  i guess people think they aren't even allowed to go in the woods to look for their ball, because i must have found 50 or so.  most of them very good balls.  funnily enough by the end of the round i reluctantly gave most of them back to the forest.

Originally Posted by tuffluck

that is really cool.  i wonder how he was even able to see the pin to aim at!  that guy must have some patience.

I figure either he could make out the flag (maybe some kind of tunnel vision) or was going mostly by memory. I didn't see him at all last year so I don't know if he finally gave up golf or not.

From the way his swing looked he may have been pretty good before he lost his sight.

Note: This thread is 4036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!