IGNORED

Bridgestone balls

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went online to bridgestone golf and got ball fitted. I was fitted for the Tour B330 S, and saw that it was selling for $34.99! Is this low price a reflection of its quality? Or is it just a steal? I want a quality ball, and i fear that the bridgestone ball isnt as quality as a Srixon or Titleist. Input please!

Thanks

910 D2 Driver 9.5*, adams.gif Speedline Hybrid Fairway 15*, adams.gif Idea Pro Gold Tour Prototype 20*, wilson_staff.gif FG Forged Tour Irons 4-PW, cleveland.gif CG 11 Gap Wedge 52*, cleveland.gif CG 10 wedges 56* and 60*, odyssey.gif White Ice Rossie Putter

srixon.gif Z-Star ('11)

Originally Posted by eagles14

I went online to bridgestone golf and got ball fitted. I was fitted for the Tour B330 S, and saw that it was selling for $34.99! Is this low price a reflection of its quality? Or is it just a steal? I want a quality ball, and i fear that the bridgestone ball isnt as quality as a Srixon or Titleist. Input please!

Thanks

The B330 S is a great ball -- many of their TOUR staff play it.  Bridgestone sometimes drops the price of their quality balls.  I've seen the B330 RX - the ones I play - for as low as $30 per dozen.

If you see them doing an in-person challenge (check their schedule), you'll hit your non-Bridgestone ball on their launch monitor, then they'll suggest a Bridgestone ball and you hit that.  Then they give you a sleeve of their suggested balls.  It got me to play the e6 a few years ago, and I've played mostly Bridgestone balls since then.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bridgestones are great balls, IMO they are just a bit superior to Srixons in terms of quality.  The reason why you are seeing the price drop on the B330-S is because its a ball thats been out for a few years.

Ive used Bridgestones and Srixons and while Srixon makes a great ball IMO Bridgestones are better in terms of distance, spin and cover durability.  Even using AD333s my wedges cut the heck out of the cover of the ball.  I can use Precept Laddie-Xs (Bridgestone's budget brand) for several rounds and not have anywhere near as much cover wear.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by eagles14

Thanks

That's a very good deal on an excellent ball.    I've been experimenting over the last couple years with Pro V1's, Z-Star, Penta, and the B330S and I keep coming back to the Bridgestone as the one I pull out of the bag.    I'd say it is just as good quality wise as all of these others, has very good distance and great feel around the greens.    I'd love to find them at that price in my area - I'd stock up for the year!

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!