IGNORED

Woods valley golf course near Escondido, California

Note: This thread is 4893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone played Woods Valley near Escondido? If so what is the course like and what would you say the best strategy is for getting around the course successfully with a decent score? Playing Sunday never even seen the course.

When its breezy swing easy!!!!!

taylormade.gif Superfast 10.5
cobra.gif  3W .350 Oversize Tip
cobra.gif S9 Irons 4-GWcallaway.gif 56 Degree SW Golfmate 60 Degree callaway.gif 64 Degree odyssey.gif 3300 DF putter

Can't say that I have - I mostly play JC courses in the area - but thanks for letting us locals know about the course.  All I know is I once hit a serious jolt of clear air turbulence right around there at about 2000 ft heading up the valley from Ramona to French Valley airport - most exciting.  The rates seem very reasonable (e.g. $40 on a Sunday with cart after 10 a.m.).  I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

Have a good time and let us know what you think of the place.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

What concerns me is what you mentioned, keeping tee shots in play.  I was looking at pictures of it and saw water and tight fairways.  Is the course short enough to play a four iron off the tee on par 4's and still have a realistic shot at the green?  I want to play well and that is my most consistent club off the tee.  I know there will be holes I have to hit driver and that is fine, I just want to play smart and do the research on the course.

Chas     You are welcome and I will surely let you know how the course is.  I had never heard of it until the other day when I was invited to play.  Like you said seems very affordable and looks like a nice place.

cobra.gif S9 Irons 4-GWcallaway.gif 56 Degree SW Golfmate 60 Degree callaway.gif 64 Degree odyssey.gif 3300 DF putter

Well I finished my round in at Woods Valley.  Had a rough day shooting a 96.  I left 8 long birdie putts about a foot short each.  Had a tee shot go "in the woods" and it actually took me 4 shots to get back out.  There was tall grass and rocks.  Was trying to go back towards the tee and couldn't get the ball out, finally did and went in the sand, finished the hole with a 9.  Had a couple of doubles and bogeys.  I'll take it I guess for the first time playing a course with lots of sand and water and trees.  I am capable of playing much better, it was just one of those days.

I do recommend the course to anyone in the area as it is challenging yet very fun to play.  I will be returning with a better game and WILL play smarter golf and score lower.

One additional note... This was also the first round played since I had hernia surgery 5 weeks ago. Yes, I'm making excuses

Note: This thread is 4893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!