IGNORED

Has the price of clubs come down in the last 10 years?

Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought my first set of clubs back in 97. A set of no name used irons for $40. After getting real heavy into the game I upgraded to a set of Callaway Hawkeye VFT graphite shafted irons that I paid $1200 for in 2002. Now after being out of the game for the last 6 years and browseing around one of our local stores I see a set of Callaway Diablo Edge irons for $599 5-PW. Then tonight playing around on Ebay I bought the same set for $250 new. I just bought my Fiance a complete set of Adams tight lies plus for $400 to. I was pleasently surprised as I was expecting to pay more along the lines of my VFT's. Has Callaway dropped their prices that much or did I just pay too much back in 2002?

Driver- TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 9.5*

Driver- Calaway Diablo 13*HT

Woods- Callaway Diablo 3 FW / Callaway Diablo 5 FW

Hybrids- Callaway Diablo 3 Hybrid / Callaway Diablo 4 Hybrid

Irons- Callaway Diablo Edge 5-PW

Putter- Odyssey White Ice #3

Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

http://Shotly.com

worst answer you'd wanna hear: it depends. those edge's aren't callaway's latest club and have been marked down to $599, while the brand new razr X's are more. also, try looking for a very good players iron retailing less than $900 and let me know. can you find em on sale? of course you can...but back in the day you didn't have ebay...or other significant means of ordering from someone across the country that might be selling them for less than some store right down the street. the market is much larger now in terms of where you can buy from and who you can buy from. now adays you can find great clubs (even if they've been barely used) for great bargains. NEVER pay retail price for anything, the price is always better somewhere else or in a little bit of time.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!