IGNORED

Sonoma/Napa Valley area - Need Suggestions

Note: This thread is 4705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wife wants to go taste wines with another couple.  I only have about one day of that in me, so I would like to play golf the second day.  Can someone suggest a great course in that area.  I am from flat Chicago, so impress me!!  Would be willing to pay 80-150, and even play at twilight if that means a better course.

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

I'm from Germany, so I'm sure there are others wi a better knowledge than me. That said, I played Chardonnay in January this year in 3 four-balls with some colleagues and we had a great time. The course is very interesting - I don't remember which hole it is but there's a short par 3 downhill where the green is 125yds wide and on four levels. A fair bit of water, lots of sand, some tight holes, some easier. It's set amongst the vineyards, and seemed to be in pretty good condition for the time of year. Staff were friendly and I think we paid ~$70 per head (which may have been discounted for time of year). My only other experience in the US was Spanish Bay, and it doesn't compare to that - but we played there late September and paid $350 (including cart, club hire, balls, glove, tees etc) for a dusk round!!!

Eagle Vines (http://www.eaglevinesgolfclub.com) is the only one in the area I've played, but I really enjoyed it. Good variety of holes as you wind through vineyards, great clubhouse, spectacular views of the hills/countryside, less than $100.

Bill

Stayed and played at the Silverado Resort & Spa a couple of years ago.  It was a nice place and a good course.  Not the most enjoyable round, but that was due to the d*cks I got stuck with for the front 9.  They were jerks that would leave the tee box as soon as they hit and be halfway down the fairway before I teed off.  They even stood in the middle of the green one time when I was hitting an approach shot.  That was it for me, I found a marshall and reported them and left that group.  The marshall suggested I joined the group behind me (father and son) and they were a pleasure to golf with.  We talked area restaurants, food, and had a great back 9.

If / when I go back, I plan to play Eagle Vines , it looks magnificent from the photos and reviews.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Note: This thread is 4705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!