IGNORED

Bought Wilson clubs I am in shock

allin
Note: This thread is 6300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have recently been testing a bunch of different irons. Callaway x-20s, Mizuno's MX-25s, Cobra FPs, Taylor Made R-7s, Adams A1, A1os, Wilson staff CI, all in regular. None of them were bad clubs, eventually it came down to the MX-25s Vs. the Wilson CIs. The MX-25s with a rifle flighted shaft felt wonderful, when I decided to go with graphite, due to chronic tendinitis, the Wilsons won out. I just hit them more consistently. I felt the stock graphite shaft in the MX-25s was poorly suited to the club. If I had decided on metal shafts the extra feel of the MX-25s would have beat out the extra forgiveness of the Wilsons. The Wilson short irons seem to have a slightly stiffer tip than the middle irons?, and this seems to offset a little of the control loss from the longer lighter graphite shaft.
The shock is that these weren't even on my shopping list originally. I saw them in the store and just thought they looked good. They just struck a good balance of feel, forgiveness, and playability. Other than the MX-25s the others all were very hard to work. I think this will be a good club for a middle handicap like myself who is able to work the ball a bit but still needs forgiveness. You are almost forced to by the gap wedge however since the lofts are pretty strong.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Allin, you did good. Players can read every review ever written about different clubs, but the proof is in the hitting. I suspect the Mizuno head weights were designed to better accommodate a steel shaft. Or maybe not. But, no matter, the trick, like you've proved, is to go beyond the hype and hit clubs until you find one that works for you. That's a little old school, I admit. Especially given launch monitors, high tech club designs, and whatever. But I don't know a better way.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Over the past couple of years Wilson has been getting kudos from the magazines. It is nice to see the return of a once dominant company and someone actually buying them! Hope they work out well for you.

Over the past couple of years Wilson has been getting kudos from the magazines. It is nice to see the return of a once dominant company and someone actually buying them! Hope they work out well for you.

At least one notable pro, Padraig Harrington is playing (mostly) Wilson clubs:

Driver -- Wilson Staff Pd5; Irons -- Wilson Staff Pi5; Putter -- Wilson Staff Kc4. Ref: http://www.padraigharrington.com/new...&iCategoryID;=0

Note: This thread is 6300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!