IGNORED

Your best golf equipment purchase?

Note: This thread is 6214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My best purchase has been lessons!

My best equipment purchase has to be my MX-25 irons...or maybe it was the Bushnell Pinseeker 1500....

Scott
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

Could you please elaborate on the benefits of the Pinseeker 1500. I've been considering the same purchase.

In My Bag: Driver: T/M r7 Superquad 460, 10.5, Aldila Woods: T/M R7 Steel 13 & 15 Irons: T/M R7 TP's (rifled) Wedge: Cleveland 588 51 & 56 Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Ball: Bridgestone Blue (less spin)
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Hmmm, probs would be the YES c groove tracy putter!
dont miss anything inside 10ft anymore!

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

My lightweight dual strap golf bag. I play better when I walk and dual strap bags make it easier to walk.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I have a toss up... Either my 735.CM Irons, My Studio Style 2.5 Scotty, or the Pro V1's.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Amen brother, outside of equip that was my best golf purchase of the last 5 yrs, I had always been "self taught" up until my lesson and now I wish I would have done it years ago!

Equipment wise I have to say everything in my bag really, before my current set I just used to play some Wilson irons, any old driver I could get at Play it Again Sports or eBay cheap and that was about it. Finally I went and got fitted for the proper lie angle, and was tested on a launch monitor for my driver. All of these factors helped me get the set you see below and I have played so much better because of it. The Nike irons are like a hot knife through butter compared to my old irons, sure they felt ok when I pured one, but these Nikes are silky smooth and I could never imagine going back.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Could you please elaborate on the benefits of the Pinseeker 1500. I've been considering the same purchase.

Philfest,

With the Pinseeker 1500, I now know exactly how far I need to hit the ball. This lets me choose the right club more often which gives me more confidence in the club I have chosen as I am standing over the ball. I did not expect this to be as much of a confidence boost as it is. When I say how far I need to hit the ball, I don't just mean to the pin. I can use the Pinseeker 1500 to measure distances to hazards, pins, different parts of the green, trees, etc. Plus, I play faster because I am not looking for distance markers any more. Scott
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

My Momentus Heavy swing trainer club. This two-piece screw-together short club has improved my swing better than anything else. Short enough to swing easily in hotels and at home without smashing light fixtures, it has so much weight in the shaft that you cannot swing it out of plane - and it's great for warming up before practise, or a round...

Michael Stiebel

In ze bag:

Titleist 983 KTitleist 3WPing 5WCobra 23deg hybridPing Irons 5-PW Eidolon 52,56 & 60deg wedgesPing G2 long putter(wishing for: Titleist 755 irons!!)Left-hander!!!!!

I'll add a vote for the Rescue Dual...I can tee off with it if need be or hit it off of the fairway or rough.

Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

It would have to be my 19 degree Taylor Made Rescue Mid. I always switched between a 2 iron and 17 degree 5 wood and they weren't doing me much good out of the rough so I thought I'd try a hybrid. I had the first Taylor Made Rescue club with the bubble shaft and didn't like it much. When I played this one the feel was so much better. I'm not sure what it is but this club was dynamite. I liked it so much I bought a 22 degree Rescue dual and threw out the 3 iron also.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I think my best equipment purchase has to be my new set of Titleist 735.CM, I was debating between them or the 695mb but went with these after reading the great review on this site. I am very happy with the performance of these irons, I wasnt excited to go to a "cavity back" club but the workability and feel is still there with them.
Bag:  ping.gif Voyage Orange/Black/White
Driver:  ping.gif G10 w/ Aldila Proto X-stiff
3 Wood: titleist.gif  975f
Irons:  ping.gif i10 w/ AWT X-stiff
Wedges: titleist.gifVokey Spin Milled 56* & 60*Putter: ping.gif Zing I-SeriesBall: titleist.gif ProV1x

Absolutely my TaylorMade 19 degree Rescue Mid. It's been a huge improvement to my play.

Where it's made the most difference is on longer par 4's when I've hit a so-so tee shot and have 200 or so in. Can't hit a 3 wood, I'd have to pure my 4 iron or (before) hit the 5 wood a bit easy. Now, I just swing away. I'm amazed at how often I put it close, or just off the fringe.

It's even easy to hit it 180 if I want. Just choke down a bit, and go.

A very versatile club.

• 2 weeks later...
My Cleveland Halo 3i and Heavy Putter have cut more strokes off my game than anything in my bag so far...

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

my best golf equipment purchase id have to say is my callaway ft5 driver...it has more pop than any driver ive ever hit...very accurate too..got mine at roger dunn a few weeks ago used at 275..

my best golf equipment purchase id have to say is my callaway ft5 driver...it has more pop than any driver ive ever hit...very accurate too..got mine at roger dunn a few weeks ago used at 275..

Wow...a pre-owned FT-5 driver for $275? It just came out weeks ago and the retail price is $429.99! What was the guy thinking? I bet it's still in excellent condition. You've got yourself a sweet deal, customx808.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Note: This thread is 6214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!