IGNORED

going under the knife

aquacooled
Note: This thread is 6350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well this friday I have to have knee done again.. the right one (this is the 3rd time on this knee) tried to play today limped 16 holes then I could take it anymore. My last swing was all good till the right knee gave out on me and I hit the ground 6 inchs behind the tee, and almost fell on my a$$..

This is the suppose to be the good knee, the left one has been butchered 5 times.. Man I took this sport up because the doctor told me I couldnt play hockey anymore....

Anyway doc said it would be about 4 to 6 weeks before I can swing a club..

I think Im gonna go crazy.......

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Wow I know what this is like. I just had my 2nd knee surgery last November (I just turned 18). I was to the point where I was having chronic pain and could barley walk the course. I didn't have much weight transfer at all because of my knee. I just actually got the ok recently from my doctor to start swinging the club again and start hitting golf balls. So I am planning to go to a heated driving range this weekend due to I live in Northern Ohio and it is 25 degrees and all the golf courses are closed. Depressing really but thats where my family decided to reside years ago... its out of my control. Well good luck with your knee, I kinda know how your feeling.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

thanks for the kind words... being so young and having to go thru that is tuff..
I had my first knee surgery when I was 19..

I was wondering if anyone was going to reply..

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Had my first one done at 24, tore it wakeboarding on the lake. Still gives give me aches. Until I hurt it I thought I was superman and my Dad's had 3 surgeries on his knees for playing football.

glucosamine has been my best friend for 4 years and I often ask God why he designed the knee the way it is? Just not practicle....IMO,

im 14 and i play hockey, and i have problems with my knees too. I get a huge ache sometimes in one knee, and when i squat down to read a put, and then when i come back up again, all you can hear is like a million tiny cracks its a really unusual sound. I need to see a doctor.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck with it! My dad shattered his rotator cuff in his shoulder and it kept him from swinging a club but I caught him in a full body cast with one arm sticking straight out, trying to putt left handed around the lawn. LOL!

I'll cross my fingers for a speedy recovery for you!
tiff :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
well this friday I have to have knee done again.. the right one (this is the 3rd time on this knee) tried to play today limped 16 holes then I could take it anymore. My last swing was all good till the right knee gave out on me and I hit the ground 6 inchs behind the tee, and almost fell on my a$$..

Well, I hope the surgery went well. And I hope your recovery is quick enought to heel to new. There is a otc drug on the market called glucosamine. You might want to pick up a bottle at the drug store, after checking with your Dr. Glucosamine is supposed to help rebuild soft bone material like the knee joint. Comsumer reports did a study on it about 2 years back, and since they are not connected with any corp, you might want to consider their best buy. As far as going crazy from lack of golf. Try TW pga 2007. You can post your TW 2007 handicap here, and amaze people. Good luck. We are praying/hoping for you.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

i played ice hockey since i was 10 and rode motocross. I tore my ACL at 19 and so far i havent had surgery. no real problems and the doc said i could get by until it poses a problem. i will probably go in this offseason and get it done though just to prevent long term problems

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

• 2 weeks later...
I've done this a few time. Twice on my right shoulder, once on the left, once on the right knee and in Jan my left thumb. Luckily all of these except the thumb were BG (before golf). My doc told me I needed to give up bicycle road racing due to shoulders but said the golf swing would be good for me. So I use that excuse whenever my other half mentions my latest habit.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a feeling in about 30 years I will be doing the same thing as you, my knee is constantly filling with flud if I hit it. I injured it really bad at hockey a few times and it hasn't been the same since.

The man I play with had his knee operated on a few times, and hes a 2 handicap so hopefully it won't hurt your game too much.

Good luck.

As far as going crazy from lack of golf. Try TW pga 2007. You can post your TW 2007 handicap here, and amaze people.

I was playing a round with my character and several pro's (John Daly, Monty, and Natalie) at the Old Course...leading by three strokes over Daly and by five over the others...I landed myself in the Road Hole. I eventually took an 8 on that after trying un-successfully to get out...and tied with Daly going into 18.

Gawd, I thought I'd never get to say "I got stuck in the Road Hole."
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Note: This thread is 6350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!