IGNORED

My Swing (doug8770)

doug8770
Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing for a few years now. No lessons, just lots of books and youtube. I've tried my absolute best to copy adam scott's swing. Any pointers or feedback would be very much appreciated.

I can see the effort to look like Adam Scott.  Looks like your in a similar boat as I am.  Take all of this with a grain of salt as I am not a pro (by any means) but here is what I see:

On the front view, I see a bit of a reverse C on the back swing.  Adam Scott doesn't really have a lot of noticeable movement on his back swing, but if you watch closely the line that his torso makes on the front side is near vertical where you break through the plane a bit.

DOTL view shows a few things.   It looks like you break your wrists a little early in the backswing.  That combined with what looks like a very active right arm gets your club high but off plane.  Being fairly out of position at the top results in you coming from out to in on the down swing.  You have a pretty good weight shift and allow the club to follow through nicely which is why your club face was able to release nicely and resulted in what looked like a pull.

Again, I'm a hack, but I think that if you focus on a slower backswing with a takeaway where you don't break the wrists as fast, you will find that you can maintain a better plane.  Also, I would do some really slow back swings and pay very careful attention to where you feel your center of gravity.  Right now I would say it stays very centered but moves a little bit over your left foot during the top of your backswing.

Good luck and keep swinging!  You are at a great place where it might be useful to get some lessons.  I find they are worthless until you have a consistent swing.

Thanks for your feedback simland. I just found a really good photo sequence of Adam Scott driving in last months Golf Digest. I've never been very athletic and I'm convinced that athletic genetics are essential to have a swing as smooth as Adam's. I think dropping about 20lbs would probably make a noticeable difference in my game.

Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!