IGNORED

Side Wagers, Anyone?

GirlieGolfer
Note: This thread is 6258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone else like to ante up before you tee off for the day? My dad and I used to bet - cheap, mind you since he had to pay himself anyway if I won but I don't care if you'r eplaying for a quarter a hole, betting always puts the heat on me and makes me play a lil bit better!

If you bet, what's your poison? What game is your favorite?
Tiff

We usually play for high score buys the beer at the turn and at the end of the round. One of the funnest we did was we bought some of those cheap camaflouged balls from Cabelas and all put Ten in the hat. Last one with his ball won, made for some real interesting hunts for the golf ball in the fairway! LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

In my Friday group, we usually play 2 v 2 combined strokes where the losers buy the winners' dinner.

905R 9.5* | Steelhead Plus 15.5*, 18*
MX-25 3-PW | T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
Vokey SM TC 60.04
Special SI Anser II

We usually play for high score buys the beer at the turn and at the end of the round. One of the funnest we did was we bought some of those cheap camaflouged balls from Cabelas and all put Ten in the hat. Last one with his ball won, made for some real interesting hunts for the golf ball in the fairway! LOL

That sounds hilarious! I used to like to play with the hot pink balls, but lining up for a shot blinded me, so I switched back to white. Anyone else have idiosynchrasies where you have to have the ball brand lined up just so on the tee box? lol tiff

I used to always play a Nassau at my old club with the typical junk. I don't play with a regular group at my new club so not muchin the way of betting.

For idiosyncracies, I mark my Titleist with a Blue dot to the left of the number and a yellow dot to the right of the number. On the front nine, I putt with blue dot closest to the putter face and on the back nine, the yellow dot is closer. Don't know why, it just started happening that way.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

$5 front $5 back with a usual press...I'm getting my arse handed to me lately.

My buddy is getting a stroke a hole for any hole over 400 yds and now he is getting better, so he is racking up right now. Now we have ratched it back so we play even on all par 3's, with anything over 400 yds getting a stroke.

I usually press on the 18th hole if I am down for double or nothing...but I got to get him 2 strokes. It's fun and it keeps us in the match when we start playing bad...

We write the winner and date the bills and hand them back and forth to each other at the end of the round, as a record of the hacking we've been doing. Keep it simple and fun...and always pay up.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Note: This thread is 6258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!