IGNORED

I just got my CG10 Lob Wedge!

Note: This thread is 6248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll most likely pull the 3 iron and hope I don't get in trouble with any longer yardages.

I got the Satin but wanted the Black Pearl (It's a rewards program and they only had Satin)... You guys who play these wedges, is it only a cosmetic thing? With the gunmetal irons and wedges this potentially will be the only white dude in my bag

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'll most likely pull the 3 iron and hope I don't get in trouble with any longer yardages.

What's the degree on the lob wedge? I see you already have a 56*... it'd be a shame to pull a 3-iron for a 58* when the difference is only 2* from what you already have.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats...I have the satin finish and it is just cosmetic! The gunmetal is mainly for a nonreflective surface...I've never had an issue with glare of the satin finish.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I agree. It's purely cosmetic, but i personally like the black pearl look. I have the 54º & 60º and luv em'. I may get a 50º & pull my 4 iron. My 22º halo is almost smack dab in the middle of my 3 & 4 (3 pulled already) so if i can use the halo for both of those clubs successfully, i'll get the 50º

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I agree. It's purely cosmetic, but i personally like the black pearl look. I have the 54º & 60º and luv em'. I may get a 50º & pull my 4 iron. My 22º halo is almost smack dab in the middle of my 3 & 4 (3 pulled already) so if i can use the halo for both of those clubs successfully, i'll get the 50º

I took my 60 degree out...I ended up getting the Halo 5i, 3i, and 1i. I'm just using these clubs more of the tee box (exp. the 3i and 1i) to stay on the short stuff. I'm just opening up my stance a bit and just flaring the club face a tad on my CG10 SW if I need a higher shot or a flat out flop.

I'm just getting more bang for my buck utilizing the hybrids (i.e. staying out of trouble off the tee box). Now I just keep a GW and the SW. The 3 iron has been my worst club as opposed to the 5i which flies higher and just a lot easier to hit off the ground.

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

What's the degree on the lob wedge? I see you already have a 56*... it'd be a shame to pull a 3-iron for a 58* when the difference is only 2* from what you already have.

It's a 60 degree. I know I run the risk of yardage gaps with the longer clubs. I just thought I'd get more use out of an extra wedge. I could be wrong. I look at my bag and my wedges are obviously the most worn and my 3 Iron looks fantastic! I thought about a 5 wood or another hybrid but I would seldom use either off the tee and my 19 Halo I think might fill that gap before my 4 iron okay. Heck, I usually miss the green from that yardage anyways... hence that's where the wedges come into play! Thought about getting a 54 SW and replacing the 56 but there would still be a big gap after my PW (45).

I'll tell you one thing... this snow better melt soon.

It's a 60 degree. I know I run the risk of yardage gaps with the longer clubs. I just thought I'd get more use out of an extra wedge. I could be wrong. I look at my bag and my wedges are obviously the most worn and my 3 Iron looks fantastic! I thought about a 5 wood or another hybrid but I would seldom use either off the tee and my 19 Halo I think might fill that gap before my 4 iron okay. Heck, I usually miss the green from that yardage anyways... hence that's where the wedges come into play! Thought about getting a 54 SW and replacing the 56 but there would still be a big gap after my PW (45).

i have a 19 degree hybrid too...choke up on it and it replaces the 3 iron well. i'm thinking of dropping my 3 iron because of that...may put in that 52 wedge, or a 5W (but the yardage will probably be too close to my 19* hybrid)...

they should let us carry 15 clubs much rounder number than 14 anyway.

In my Bag:

Nike Sasquatch Tour 9.5*, Diamana BlueBoard 83S
Mizuno F-50 15*
Mizuno F-50 18*TaylorMade Rescue TP 21*Mizuno MP60 4-PWMizuno MP-R 54.10Cleveland CG10 60.08Mizuno Bettinardi C-01

i have a 19 degree hybrid too...choke up on it and it replaces the 3 iron well. i'm thinking of dropping my 3 iron because of that...may put in that 52 wedge, or a 5W (but the yardage will probably be too close to my 19* hybrid)...

Don't get too carried away. I hear from some of my friends who have handicaps around yours that they play better when they carry only 5-8 clubs instead of 14. Makes 'em think about every shot they make.

I don't think this works for high handicappers, since I (and folks like me) can't take 5 yards off or add 5 yards to any given club on demand. I don't think it works for the best players, otherwise we'd see guys on tour showing up with fewer. There's just too much that great players can do with each club.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I guess I plan on playing the hybrid more this year. I just got it in the middle of last summer (replacing a 5 wood) and I was new to the whole hybrid thing so I used it sparingly. I'll have to work on hitting different shots with it this year.

Shindig actually makes a good point. So often I think we just hit a club because that's the yardage you hit it without thinking about what kind of shot we want to play.

Originally I thought I was kinda crazy to put 4 wedges in the bag but the more I read and the more people I talk to it seems that quite a few of them are either doing, or contemplating that move.

So I went to a local golf shop, I know the guy well and he swapped out my Satin for a Black Pearl and since he did that for me I bought a 56 to replace my 588 too. Ok, yeah, I was looking for an excuse to replace the SW. I really do like the look of the Satin but the Black Pear just looks better in my bag with all those gunmetals and we all know this game is all about looks

Yeah, I guess I plan on playing the hybrid more this year. I just got it in the middle of last summer (replacing a 5 wood) and I was new to the whole hybrid thing so I used it sparingly. I'll have to work on hitting different shots with it this year.

I didn't want to say anything, but I wondered how long it would take before you switched the satin for the black pearl. I would have done the same thing...seeing that one polish finish against a sea of gunmetal would have forced me to do the switch, too. Now all your bases are covered

Da Bag:

TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)

Haha... yeah the Satin does look good just not in my bag

Hey, is there really much difference between the CG10 and 588? A few people I've talked to say the CG10 wears out really fast.

Note: This thread is 6248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!