IGNORED

I Broke 80!

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I finally did it. Went out yesterday with my girlfriends stepdad and had a GREAT round.

Played the back nine first and was 1 under through 4. Then I topped my tee shot on a par 3 and ended up with a double - 1 over through 5 - still happy with my score. Bogied the next hole ( 3 putt...missed a 2 foot par putt.... ) and then parred out for 38. Was secretly excited about my round.

Back nine was O.K. Started off with another 3 putt bogey again missing from around 3 feet...kinda annoying, but went out with a 41 after hitting my tee shot on the 18th into water and double bogeying the hole.

Despite my two 3 putts, I was putting well ( 33 putts ) - but sunk a couple of par putts from 10 feet. Five 1 putts, four of them to save par, one for a birdie from around 4 feet on a par 3.

My driver was good ( only hit 4 fairways ) but my misses were only just off the fairway, in first cut. My irons were GREAT. Distance control was right on and have myself plenty of birdie chances but never made the putt. Hit 10 greens.

Stepdad shot 78 so we had a good battle. Not only did I break 80, got back down into single digits and fixed my blocks ( started rotating completely through my shots with my chest pointing at target, no more blocks! )

Scorecard:

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=1673791

Feeling good about my game. Can NOT WAIT to go out and play again, sink some of those birdies I missed and shoot a new personal best

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Awesome job... it's great whenever you can break down one of those score barriers!  I remember the first time I broke 100... it was great and I'm so close to breaking 90 now... hopefully this time next year I'll be talking about breaking 80 (although those are high hopes).

Anyways, congrats on the accomplishment.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!