IGNORED

How important is it to you to have matching clubs, bags, etc.?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 6242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's this funny story about my friend. He has this Callaway bag but he doesn't own any Callaway club at all. So whenever he carries his bag around I'd always ask, "Hey, where's the Callaway?"

Thats me. I recently replaced my sun mountain carry bag with one from Callaway. I don't think I have ever owned a Callaway club. Bag was on sale and had the right features. I doubt most of these club companies make their own bags anyway. Ogio, Sun Mountain, Izzo etc. probably make them for them.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Just bought my first pair of shoes in 12 years. They are Footjoy's because it happens to be what they had in th pro shop that fit me at the time. I have worn several other brands in the past though. Balls... I prefer Pro V1, although I will use Callaway HX Tours too... and I have at least 6 or 7 different brands rattling around in my bag right now. I don't wear a glove, so that isn't a factor. Most of my golf shirts are bought in Target or some such... I do have a few good ones bought as souvenirs from particular courses, but no brand loyalty.

Okay you win...I give up...

you are one of the few people who has absolutely zero brand loyalty!

I recently just took up golf. I bought some Nike Slingshot OSS irons. I then started looking for Drivers and kept reading about how good the SasQuatch was. So I bought that... then I just decided to go all out Nike... now everything in my bag (including my bag) is Nike... Im prolly only person I play with like that, all my buddies have a mix of stuff....

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 9.5* - graphite/stiff
Woods: Nike Sasquatch 3 wood - graphite/stiff
Hybrid: Nike Slingshot Tour Hybrid 21* - graphite/stiff
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS - graphite/flex
Wedge: Nike SV Tour 52* and 60*
Putter: Nike OZ T160
Bag: Nike Black/Yellow Sasquatch
Balls: Nike One Platinum

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 9.5* - graphite/stiff
Woods: Nike Sasquatch 3W 15* - graphite/stiff
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS - graphite/flex
Wedges: Callaway X-Tour 54* and 60*
Putter: Nike OZ T160Bag: Nike Black/Yellow Sasquatch

Thats me. I recently replaced my sun mountain carry bag with one from Callaway. I don't think I have ever owned a Callaway club. Bag was on sale and had the right features. I doubt most of these club companies make their own bags anyway. Ogio, Sun Mountain, Izzo etc. probably make them for them.

Yup, you're right. I'm currently using Callaway's stand bag Terra Firma X made by Izzo. In my opinion (in a very good way) if I don't have, for example Titleist clubs I wouldn't carry its bag. In other words, I'd rather go for the brand names for golf bag instead of the name of golf club company even if it's made by golf bag manufacturer. So, I'd only go for Izzo than Callaway made by Izzo, you know what I mean. But hey that's just me.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Note: This thread is 6242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!