IGNORED

New Equipment

Note: This thread is 6955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, I am new to this website. I am in the market for a new set of irons, was looking at the 690.MB for Pw-6 and 690.CB for 5-3. Also, considering waiting for the new 735.CM irons. I am confused on the shafts to get as well, looking at either the Dynamic Gold S300 or the Tour Rifle 6.0. I am also in the market for a new Titleist Driver, 3 Wood and Spin milled wedges. I am either going to go with the Speeder shafts for the Aldila shafts that I am currently using. I currently hit 983K, 980F, and 762's. My swing speed with driver is around 110 - 113 and 95 - 100 with a 7 iron. Not sure what my 5 iron swing speed is. Does anyone have any advice on a complete equipment make over or does anyone play these clubs. My handicap is around 15, needing a lot of work on the short game to score better.

Thanks,

Driver: Titleist 905T 9.5 Aldila NV-65 Stiff
Fairway Wood: 904F 17 degree Speeder Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 503H Aldila Hybrid Shaft
Irons: Titleist 735.CM's S300 DG
Wedges: Titleist SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: SC Newport 2Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Pro V1, Nike ONE PlatinumBag: Titleist X57 or Titleist...

In my opinion try to attend a few manufacturer demo days and TRY them out.For most i would have thought its about acieving the best performance possible.

Get what works for you and dont be influenced my names,makes,models etc.

Titleist equipment is undoubtably of unquestionable quality but dont feel you have to have the complete Titleist "make-up".Pick and choose from different makes what suits YOU,if it turns out that way

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

• Administrator
My swing speed with driver is around 110 - 113 and 95 - 100 with a 7 iron.

I'd have that checked. It seems 100% unrealistic to me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

if you are looking for a combo set, I would go with the 690.mb/.cb w/ the DG S300 custom set. I too think that your swing speeds sound like they are off, Go have that checked at a shop or with your local pro. I am playing the new 904 fairway wood. I have tested all the others and the 904 is the best. It is long and straight, and is suprisingly easy to work. The driver is awsome, but I would not change the shaft. If you are hitting the aldila in your 983 then hit the same in the 905. As for the wedges I would go with the tour satin, Black Nickel, or oil can wedges unless you are having problems spinning those wedges, then look at the spin milled. I have had several customers(low-mid handicappers) that have complained that the new spin milled spins too much on full shots. They are saying they it is hard to control the spin on the spin milled wedges. The spin milled have bigger grooves along with the milled face, which is supposed to help with spin comming out of the rough. Hope this helps.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

• Administrator
Ditto that on the spin milled. Great for some players, but too much spin for others.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going to a demo day in may and will get it checked, I checked it several months ago and that is what was registered. How do each feel between tour rifle shafts vs. DG shafts. So TitleistTexasGuy you would recommend the 690 combo set, can you give me any feedback as to why?

Driver: Titleist 905T 9.5 Aldila NV-65 Stiff
Fairway Wood: 904F 17 degree Speeder Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 503H Aldila Hybrid Shaft
Irons: Titleist 735.CM's S300 DG
Wedges: Titleist SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: SC Newport 2Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Pro V1, Nike ONE PlatinumBag: Titleist X57 or Titleist...

Dynamic golds tend to "feel" like they have much higher flex points (to keep the ball lower),although its probably not much higher than the rifles.Like most quality iron shafts though,the stiffer the flex the higher the flex-point moves.

With dynamic golds i always "feel" that i can really sense the clubhead lagging behind slightly,especially on longer clubs.

Ive used rifles for 5 or 6 years and even for the same flex rating as Dynamic golds,find the feel very different and a much softer,more pleasurable feeling.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Note: This thread is 6955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!