IGNORED

Golf club head weights.

Grooch6
Note: This thread is 4648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The clubs I am thinking about buying have weights that you can use to adjust the feel of the club head.  I was wondering if that is legal for competition?  What I mean is there are separate weights you can add or take away that make it either heavier or lighter, and I tried searching it on google but I didn't come up with anything hardly!  Thanks in advance.

Legal as long as you don't change anything during a round.  You can change the weight before a round, but then once you begin, you must leave it that way.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ggolokin

is that the same with adjustable drivers and stuff?

Yes

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Thanks for getting back. Much appreciated. So how is the distance compared to your previous club? Also, dispersion? In general, did you think it an upgrade? 
    • dont worry i was hitting balls in my $20000 simulator room and figured it out anway
    • I believe @GolfLug ask me to post my thoughts on it, but this for anyone interested on an unbiased review. I got the 4 hybrid with a Tensie AV Blue 65g R flex shaft.  This club had one requirement. hit the ball 180 yards. 175-178 is all I can get out of it and I am fine with that.  It did not come with a wrench. Two things about that. One, I have a wrench, two, I have no need to make an adjustment. I thought about adjusting it to close to a 3 to get an extra yard or two, but really no need to. Hits off the fairway with no issue and I took a few whacks out of the rough and seems to do its job. Our rough is not that bad so for any thick stuff I dont know. Bottom line it works. It does its job for me without issue. One thing that so far has been good is that it doesn't bleed off to the right like my driving iron did. It had a gentle fade to it that I had to compensate for when I aimed. I hit this pretty straight so far. Not too high of a ball flight. The shaft is a "mid launch" shaft. I did not Mevo this. The only number I cared about was max distance. If I was all over the place with it I would have tinkered with it and had the Mevo out, but no need. I hit about 40 balls or so with it on the range and then played. I like it , I might get a 5 now. They are $249.00 at retailers everywhere. New models are coming I'm told so that's why they are on sale. Sorry for the lack of technical launch monitor data, the end result was what I was looking at and it did it right out of the gate.    
    • Wordle 1,052 3/6 🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩 🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Congrats! Day 551, May 6, 2024 Played 18 holes with @DrizZzY hitting irons only and playing the white tees. No really "bad" shots, and a few really, really good ones. Finished on nine (they send us off 10 in May) with… a 197-yard 5I uphill and an 84-yard sand wedge to three feet.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...