IGNORED

New player from Austin, TX

trstewart
Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone my name is Tim. I am from Austin, TX, 23 years old and I finally sucked it up and went golfing for the very first time a week ago. I have always been intrigued by golf although for a long time now I have made excuse after excuse as to why I haven't gone. I was a fool.

I never realized it was so easy to go golfing. I always thought you had to join a country club or pay an outrageous fee for a tee time. In fact I was very wrong as I'm sure anyone here could have told me. I decided there was no point in me buying clubs before I went because i might not like it so me and a friend of mine who golfs regularly went out. I got my rental clubs for free because I am in the military.

The gentleman at the desk greeted me politely and was very happy that a new golfer was there to try his course so he also gave me a good discount. After going through the 9 hole course twice for an 18 hole score I ended with a 94. I thought that i did horrible but the gentleman said I did very well for my first time. After reading other peoples experiences from their first time golfing I feel the same.

I was in love from the first swing. It was very relaxing and even in 105 degree weather I was enthusiastic every shot. analyzing how i'd like to play it. the feel of the golf club in my hand. my experience was a great one. I really didn't know what clubs to use when or any of that but i was ecstatic nonetheless and that is why i joined this site. I hope to learn from all of you and make this a fun/competitive hobby in my life.

Thank ya very much! The weather is definitely kickin everyone down here in the butt. This saturday and sunday are 109 and 110 on the forecast with 35% and 38% humidity. Not as bad on the humidity side as it has been before but the temperatures are just ridiculous for this area. Golf courses are all yellow because of the water supply being limited.

To be honest, we usually catch the tail end of tropical storm, depressions and hurricanes that come through the gulf but since we havent had any this year its just been boiling and miserable.

Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!