IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

• Administrator

Today I completed Week 1, Day 3 of Couch to 5K.

I did not overwork myself like the last time trying to set a stupid pace. That'll come - I just have to be patient. I may have gone slightly slower than I could have. It felt quite a bit like my first day. Really not pushed too hard, just comfortable.

I ran today with the RunKeeper app on my phone. I like it. It plotted my GPS position accurately and kept me apprised of my pace.

My links on DailyMile and RunKeeper are:

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/10944614

http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/59657873

Now it's your turn. Like the "What'd You Shoot Today?" thread or the "Best Shot of the Week" thread, post here when you complete a workout. Think of this thread as something like a shared journal or blog. You work out, you post here, others get to see what their friends and fellow members are up to.

Cool? Great!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I signed up for the gym last week and finally got my butt down there today for the first time.  I just did a 1/2 hour on the treadmill, but I varied it by running then walking and changing the incline up and down throughout the workout.  According to the machine I burned 315 calories... overall I was happy with my workout and plan to go a minimum of 3 times per week so I should be posting here fairly often.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Ran about two miles on the elliptical. I'm going to try to avoid it in the future - pacing was a pain. Week two, day one of C25K - 90 seconds of running and 120 seconds of walking.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday was a standard Monday workout for me: chest, arms, shoulders, abs and obliques.  I usually swing the club a lot on the weekends, so I schedule my back stability and power work mid week to give me some time to recover.  Monday is a little bit of a "take it easy" workout for me.

• 10 minutes on the elliptical varying incline and resistance to get warm
  • 5 minutes of dumbbell flies, chest press using 30lbs/arm (warmup and mobility)
  • Light stretching most muscle groups to rough count of 10 or whenever I feel them loosen
  • Dumbbell press on stability ball 20x50lbs/arm, alternating arms up with varying elbow positions
  • Roll down the ball and do 15 incline dumbbell press with the same weight
  • Grab 10lbs and do some rotary lateral shoulder raises and other shoulder movements to get them extra warm
  • Balance on the ball on knees and do 25x30lbs/arm overhead dumbbell shoulder press
  • Back to the dumbbell press, same thing as before, I may switch weight at this point
  • Balance on the ball and do dumbbell flies
  • Supermans on the ball
  • Sit on the ball and do dumbbell tricep extensions alternating elbow position
  • Back to the dumbbell flies
  • Get in a push-up position with feet on the ball and do knees to elbows alternating
  • Tricep extensions on the cable machine
  • 12x100lbs/arm incline dumbbell press
  • Light stretching and massage
  • Atomic dumbbell flies (I made this term up I think ) .  Balance knees on the ball and alternate lateral raise, bend over lateral raise, raise up, bring arms in front and alternate arms lifting the dumbbell straight up in front of you. Maybe 20x30lbs/arm
  • Same thing but grab the 7.5lbs/arm and do it to exhaustion (lots of core here, especially in the front position)
  • Kettle ball throws with each arm
  • Medicine ball oblique work on ball
  • 10lbs/arm shoulder stability work (all axes on ball)
  • Light stretching

I don't stop between sets so it takes about an hour.  I also don't have any of this written down anywhere except here, so it probably changes some.  Goal is to challenge myself somewhat every workout.

• Like 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

5 minute warmup, walking at 3.2 mph, increasing to 3.6 mph by 5 minute mark

2 minutes running at 8.4 mph

1 minute walk at 3.6 mph

2 minutes running at 8.4 mph

1 minute walk at 3.6 mph

Alternated 1.5 minutes at 8.4 & 3.6 till 20 minute total time

walked 4 minute cooldown at 3.2 mph

I am trying to find some good pacing and good intervals, trying to develop a workout progression to running a 5K. I like to mix and match, and find something that fits me good. I found, 8.4 for 2 minutes got me going pretty good. I think the 1 minute wait between was to short, and i kinda gassed out there a bit, so i switched it to 1.5/1.5. I think if i did 2/2 minute splits i would have been fine to go for a while. This gave me an average of an 11:30 minute mile. Not bad with a total 9 minute warm up and cool down period.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Since the weather is still decent here, tonight will be an outside workout:

Rope climb

Shoulder press

T-handle swings (homemade kettle bell more/less)

Farmers walk

Deadlifts

Bar dips

Once it gets too cold and/or snowy outside, I'll be back in my basement gym.

Well, I finally got back on the treadmill tonight.  This was my first run since my 5k last month, so I took it easy.....add that with a chest cold.   But I ran for 8 minutes to start with.  I'll probably hit 10 or 15 the next run.  Then gradually increase until I get back to the 3 mile mark.  I have another 5k the first weekend in December.  I plan on starting 10k training after the first of the year.  I'm hoping to get back in the gym next week and get back to hitting the weights.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

My wife (whom Erik has also met) and I did Interval X+ from the P90X+ series of workouts.  We do a lot of mixing of P90x and  P90X+ with a little bit of "Insanity" thrown in from time to time.

Worked out tonight for a half hour because time was limited.

I did a triple super-set of incline bench, preacher curls, military press.  4 sets of moderate wieght.

Then did a triple super set of hammer curls, front delt raises, then a tricep excecise.

Finished up with some shrugs, tricep extensions, and curls going quickly from excercise to excercise.

Got a great workout for the limited time I had.

Brian

• Administrator

Same loop as the one I've used, again in reverse this time.

Fingers got a little chilly. Kinda bummed because I forgot to start RunKeeper. I thought I'd pressed "Start" but I didn't until the last five minutes. So I only tracked 5:58 and I ran and walked 0.58 miles in that time. So I'm just going on that pace: about 10:15 total. Which is disappointing because it's slower than I have been going. But maybe my previous numbers weren't all that accurate. I dunno.

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11018993

http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/60159114

I did some leg work today. I'm really sore from yesterday. Started getting ready for baseball and threw a bullpen session so my back is really sore as well as my right arm.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Ran tonight with my dog Ty.  Not sure exact distance, but I'd say 3.5 to 4 miles.  Had a good pace, a little cool weather wise.  Felt strong, got a good workout.  Really enjoyed it.  I didn't want to do it all b/c I was tired and wore out.  But happy I did it.  Good for the mind.

Brian

Ok I have been hesitant to list out my workouts because they aren't golf specific anymore.  I switched over to strict KettleBell program over 2 years ago, but now I have started incorporating a lot more X fit into it. I just try to stretch A LOT with heavy focus on golf problem areas.  I converted 2 bays of the garage into a full blow gym.  Lot's of mirrors and makes for good slow motion golf swings, but no net to hit balls.  Concept 2 rowing machine is the only piece of equipment I have outside of a pile of KB going from 20 to 80 with doubles of all bells.

Just going to list out this weeks workouts and then go from there.  I stick to M-W-F and then just do small stuff in between (row 1500 m and pull ups with stretching for ex)

M - warm up and joint mobility

Then 25 min kettle flows, don't set bell down and do as many rounds as possible (amrap)

5 swings R

5 squats R

5 Snatches R

1 TGD (Turkish get down)

repeat on the left then,

10 Pullover situps.

Wed-

For time, so chip away and go as fast as possible and keep a record of your time

50 Pushups

50 Dbl Deadlifts (80lb kb)

50 pull ups

50 High pulls (80 lb kb)

50 kickouts (think burbees here)

600 M (run or row)

Finished in 21:50.  too cold to run outside, going to opt for row next time.

For Friday

Lift as heavy as possible so finishing last set is almost impossible

10 American Swings ( 4 sets)

3 Pistols R+L ( 4 sets )

5 strict Press R+L (4 sets )

Dbl squats (until I can't complete one in good form)

5 High Pulls R+L ( 4 sets )

15 Knees to Elbow hanging from pull up bar ( 4 sets )

Farmers walk with 80's, got a 25 ft length laid out, just laps back and forth.

STRETCH!

Have been travelling a lot for work (to the point of having an apartment in NE Ohio) and have been nursing a sore knee/hip since last February (C&B; on an 18 mile trail run in the snow - stupid).  Meant that a) was eating too much and b) not working out enough.  But starting to get serious about getting back into shape so have done the following:

Sunday - 28 mile bike ride, 150 pushups, 100 dips

Monday - Easy 3 mile run, 150 pushups, 100 dips

Tuesday - 30 min on Elliptical, 150 pushups, 100 dips

Wednesday - 4 mile easy run, pushups and dips

Thursday - Weight circuit training (and yeah, pushups and dips)

Weather may not be good tomorrow - was hoping for another run but may have to settle for something indoors.

• Administrator

Week 2, Day 3 of C25K.

Shorts and two things on top. Knit cap. New Sony IEM headphones (really block out the noise, but at the same time I can hear them jostle slightly with each step). I feel like my pacing was really good today. I pushed myself just enough that I was well recovered after 90 seconds of talking. I probably could have walked faster to keep up pace. After the 20 minutes of Couch to 5K I added another 90 second run to get me back to my house, hence, this time (23:00 and 2.33 miles) is the most legitimate of the bunch. It's not a guess like the others. ;-)

I had the GPS on most of the time this time. It seems that I run at about an 8:15 pace (8:15/mile) and walk at about 13:00. I suppose that makes me a fast walker - I've heard the average pace is 3 MPH. That's north of 4.

DailyMile post: http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/11065678

RunKeeper post:  http://runkeeper.com/user/iacas/activity/60452871

Ran 1.5 miles at a pace of around 7-8 min/mile. WAY too fast (I honestly didn't know I could go that fast, bad idea), especially since I was going up and down hills. Boy am I out of shape, even for me. It feels like I jumped off a building, ripped out my lungs, and used them to cushion my fall. Baby steps.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7