IGNORED

Extra-stiff shafts in my irons....Stiff-shaft in my fairway/driver: problems?

RichF
Note: This thread is 4744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use TaylorMade RAC MB TPs with DG X-100s ...got them last year and found it straighened/lowered my previous ball-flight of hooky-and-high (using Titleist 695.MB with DG S300s).

Initially, distance-wise I was about 10 yards shorter on each club, but over the last 6 months, I've been hitting the gym a lot and due to increased strength/flexibility, now I find I get more yardage out of every iron, e.g. I use my PW from 140yds, 6-iron-185yds, 3-iron-220yds, etc

This is all well and good, butnow  I can't hit my driver or fairway wood at all - TaylorMade R9s (9° /  15° with Fujikora Motore 65 &70 Stff stock-shaft, respectively)...I'd say 70% of shots is a 150-200yd duck-hook and Ive tried every fix: open-stance, open-face, weaker-grip...when I get one right, it goes....but that 'one' is usually out of 5 attempts...

Could the constant use of Extra-Stiff flex in my irons have such an effect on my Stiff-shafted woods?

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I have the same in terms of X stiff in the irons and stiff in the woods/driver/hybrid. i'm thinking seriously about going to x in them too. i have a similar ball flight with the woods, etc but it's not a hook...my miss is a big draw..i'm consistently a mid-trajectory, straight or baby fade with my woods (desired) and can draw when i'd like to. my big draw gets in there every now and then and i swear it has everything to do with the shaft...whenever i hit one i 'feel' the shaft flex more. i'm waitin to hear what other people say about this too.../subscribe.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Normaly this is the other way around, stiff shaft in irons and x stiff in woods, so

it might do something, going from straight to dughook i think something more is going wrong.

I do have this whenn i hit my moms driver but that is a lady flex driver, if i get it pure it goes miles but it takes me 5-6 shots indeed to get one pure.

But than that is lady flex to a havy stiff shaft. a big differense compaired to a stiff shaft and a x stiff.

did you try to deloft your driver, it opens the clubface slightly

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

• 3 weeks later...
Get x stiff for your driver!!!! I have kbs tour x stiff in my mp-68s. I hit my irons same distance. My woods had 60gram in the driver stiff flex and 70 gram in 3 wood. I just switched to xstiff in the woods and gained consistancy and yards. 120ss and fast tempo.

Note: This thread is 4744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!