• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Trying to describe the swings tonight in comparison to the better swigs on the range.  1. Not hanging out on the trail side as long as I need. Even though it was a slight push cut, the best struck ball was the 7 iron on hole 9. nGIR from 185 yards, like 8 yards off center of green from 185 yards, so like a 4% leave, not too shabby. Took me long enough to exaggerate this feel. 🙄 I finally was able to get an up and down for par. Short game feels average, but I can't buy a putt right now. I am hitting decent putts. Good weight. Just nothing going in outside of 5-FT.  2. Downswings were not the good kind where I get separation with the hands from my body. It was a lot of dipping the body and keeping elbow bend. When I hit a lot of big pushes, I know this is happening. It tends to be the pattern, especially when I struggle to turn good. Things just dip way to the inside. Just struggled with this tonight. I think it was probably because I didn't get the pause feel correct.  3. Wedges were really good. SW, GW, and PW are the best clubs right now to feel a good swing. I am just able to really feel the club stop short of A4, pause it, and then rip it. I had 138 yards shot into a par 3, and I took my PW. I felt like I kept the swing at like A2.5, and just crushed it to 138 yards. Like, ball landed 4-FT right of the pin, then spun back 25-FT off the green. Kind of a stupid green, like 5% slope back to front.  Current good feels.  1. Swing length to A3.  2. Gain separation between my body and hands in the downswing.  3. Somehow add turning into this? This really my biggest struggle. There are three outcomes right now. First, I turn and don't get my hands down well. Second, I get my hands down and it feels like I do not turn at all. Third, I sync up both and crush the ball. 
    • Day 602, June 27, 2024 Work downtown before lessons. It has to feel really exaggerated.
    • Day 76: Only had time for indoor putting (bead work) today before taking kids to swim team practice. Might get some full swing work in afterward, depending on how much light is left in the day when get home.
    • Day 105. Played in a scramble. Hit some really committed shots and happy with that. 
    • Bogey golf for 9 holes. On the Struggle bus. Mostly struggling on the longer clubs. And I really can’t buy a putt right now.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...