IGNORED

savage slices from the tee

sssam
Note: This thread is 4542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Making some progress since the depths of the desperate times in which I first started this thread. The above tips have certainly helped, swing plane is steeper and I try to focus on hitting the inside of the ball. I've had a couple of medal rounds in which I've played fairly well which have seen my handicap come down to 17, but there's still a long way to go. The outrageous slice seems to be a thing of the past on the whole, but I still tend to hit a fade, rather than the draw I'd like to see. The frustrating thing being I line up for a few shots anticipating a draw, then proceed to fade it into the trees right. So I say OK, fades it is, aim left, and of course proceed to hit a lovely light draw... So consistency is still a challenge. I thikn a big part of my problem now is still over-swinging at the top, wrists cock too far (I blame years of trying to emulate John Daly in my teens) and I then come back on a steeper plane. Anyhow, I finally got some video , the driver and 8 iron being taken on the same day a couple of weeks ago, the 5 iron today. In shortening the swing and trying to reduce wrist cock I'm now struggling with tempo... Now just need to get out there and hit lots of balls, if only I had the time....

For those who don't want to follow the link above...

Any help, advice or pointers greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam

Something looks odd, not sure what. If I were you, I would try to get flatter. Now you are definitely coming over the top. Your hands are much much higher in impact than at address, at least in DTL view. Try to get that right elbow to right hip at downswing and keep the left arm straight until impact.

Note: This thread is 4542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!