IGNORED

Gary Player Critiques Tiger's Swing

bSd
Note: This thread is 6249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Gary Player Correct in his Analysis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure/Other

Interesting clip...I have seen it before but it's been a while. Hogan's position of the right elbow is very tight to the body...he thought this was a contributing factor to his building of a "repeatable swing" that would perform under pressure. Woods has a looser attack on his drives, which I think adds power but detracts in accuracy. Interesting...and isn't the cupping of the hand one of Hogan's secrets?

In my bag...
DRIVER: TaylorMade R5, 9.5
HYBRID: Halo 2i
IRONS: FTX
WEDGES: 52, 56, Izett 60PUTTER: Cameron Circa 62 #3

Thats a good clip...I had not seen it. I tend to agree with his analysis...especially his talking about Tiger over swinging or taking too aggressive a swipe at the ball. Like Gary said...swing within yourself...loose ten yards...and stay on the fairway.

Scary thing is...Tiger starts doing that, staying in the fairway...his wins will increase. Isnt he already winning 1 of 3 he enters or something insane like that?
Driver: 907D2 9.5*- Aldila VS Proto 65 - Stiff
4 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics 16* - Aldila VS Proto 65 - Stiff
Hybrids: CLK FLI-HI 20* and 23* - Stiff
Irons: MP-60 4 - PW - Project X Flighted 6.0
Wedges: 56* and 60* Spin Milled OilCan - Spinner Wedge ShaftsPutter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5Ball:.....

I agree with Gary but only SLIGHTLY. Yes, the right arm tucked in is more consistent (hell, my right arm is tucked in slightly in my avatar haha) BUT I don't agree with the "cupping" he mentions at the top. To me, that's a bit old school. I prefer the "flatter" plane because it keeps the swing as "1 motion" rather than a pseudo-2 step swing if you were to bring it back then up. Plus, the flatter plane is more for a "picker" to sweep off the ground, which I like :)

Note: This thread is 6249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!