IGNORED

Equipment Leaders At The Masters

Note: This thread is 6229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here are the equipment leaders by category from the Masters:

Balls: Titleist 56, Nike 13, Callaway 10, Srixon 7, TaylorMade 7

Irons: Titleist 16, Taylormade 15, Nike 14, Callaway 9, Cleveland 7, MacGregor 7, Ping 7

Drivers: Taylormade 29, Titleist 18, Callaway 13, Nike 12, Ping 6

Fairway woods: Taylormade 56, Callaway 40, Titleist 30, Nike 18

Hybrids: Taylormade 15, Adams 12, Titleist 11, Callaway 7

Sand, Lob, and Approach Wedges: Titleist 64, Cleveland 34, Nike 25, Callaway 22, Taylormade 18, Ping 10

Putters: Odyssey 30, Titleist 26, Ping 10, TaylorMade 7, MacGregor 4,
Yes 4

Shoes: Footjoy 49, Adidas 16, Nike 14, Echo 6

Gloves: Footjoy 28, Titleist 23, Nike 13, Callaway 10

Great info. Do you happen to know by what products each brand consisted of in a specific category? For example Driver: Taylormade 29 (19 r7 425 TP, 10 r7 Superquad) Tks.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Great info. Do you happen to know by what products each brand consisted of in a specific category? For example Driver: Taylormade 29 (19 r7 425 TP, 10 r7 Superquad) Tks.

No I don't. I can tell you what they didn't use very much...the square headed drivers.

Mickelson carried two drivers, the FT-5 and the FT-i. Gary Player had a square FT-i and K.J. Choi swung a Nike SasQuatch Sumo2. That was IT for geometric shapes. Of 56 Titleist balls in play, 25 were the new Pro V1x, 22 were the new Pro V1, and nine were the old Pro V1x. 5 golfers were using 64 degree wedges: Phil Mickelson, Padraig Harrington, Colin Montgomerie, J.J. Henry, and Brett Quigley. Btw, Harrington had the sole of that wedge ground twice to change the bounce angles, width, and abililty to manipulate the club head in any position. So, for you guys that always want to know what the "best wedge" is...take it from the pros. It's the one that has the correct GRIND and BOUNCE for YOU and YOUR swing in ANY POSITION and from ANY ground/grass/sand condition that you typically play on. Steve Williams even had Tiger's putter bent because the head was slightly out of alignment with the rest of the club. Through repeated play, practice and travel, the face position of the Scotty Cameron putter had become altered. It was a tiny bit open and would have been easy to miss putts to the right.

Wow, I guess there's something to the great things I've been hearing about the Adams hybrids... few (or no?) endorsements and quite a good showing.

Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

Wow, I guess there's something to the great things I've been hearing about the Adams hybrids... few (or no?) endorsements and quite a good showing.

Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Scott Hoch, Dana Quigley, Bubba Dickerson, Des Smyth, Tom Jenkins, Steve Wheatcroft, R.W Eaks, Morris Hatalsky, Michael Boyd, Allen Doyle, Jerry Pate, D.A. Weibring & Brittany Lincicome are all on the Adams "tour staff". To the best of my recollection of these Adams staffers only Watson & Langer played in the '07 Masters.

Wow... that's some pretty cool info. Thanks. I'm surprised Never Compromise didn't slip into the end of that putter list. Maybe they just have Vijay these days

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'm surprised Never Compromise didn't slip into the end of that putter list. Maybe they just have Vijay these days

Surprisingly, Never Compromise has quite a few, including Vijay, Jerry Kelly, Jonathan Kaye, Skip Kendall & Steve Flesch. If you are interested is seeing who else, go here:

http://www.nevercompromise.com/nevercompromise.html Oddly, Cristie Kerr plays a Never Compromise Voodoo putter, but she apparently isn't paid by them since she isn't listed on their website.

Surprisingly, Never Compromise has quite a few, including Vijay, Jerry Kelly, Jonathan Kaye, Skip Kendall & Steve Flesch. If you are interested is seeing who else, go here:

I don't remember if Kristie Kerr was in the Masters this year, was she? Skip Kendall "skipped" it also since he's really focusing hard this year on the Nationwide. Jerry Kelly is using a BLADE putter, but I don't know who makes it. As for the others, I don't think many pros have loyalty to a putter. It's whatever works best on any given day and putter reps are sticking a new or different one in their hands every time they get on a practice green.

I agree, that's a pretty impressive showing by Adams in the hybrid department. But then again, they're known for their fairway woods/hybrids. I'm a tad bit surprised I didn't see cobra in the hybrids anywhere, I hear tons of great reviews for the baffler yet seemingly not many play/played it.

Jerry Kelly is using what looks like a Yes Sophia putter to me

I watched yesterday and saw the half-moon marking in the center of the face which is a YES trademark. I'm sure you're correct. (I wonder how they came up with the name Sophia for a putter)

Yeah, Jerry Kelly was using a NC putter. I think it was the Milled Series (at least that's the one he used last year). But I noticed he was using a different putter at the Masters and again at the Heritage. I can't imagine with the success he's had lately that he's going to change back but you never know with PGA pro's.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!