IGNORED

Nappy-Headed Hos!

Lead Tape
Note: This thread is 6218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I figured this thread topic sticking out like a sore thumb would lure everybody and their uncle into the grill room for a little look. May I suggest their Reuben sandwich and a Heineken, great sandwich! Don't forget the fries...

Let's forget about what Don Imus should or shouldn't have said for a moment, what do you think got him into the most trouble and fired.

The "nappy-headed" part; the "Hos" part; the MEDIA; Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton; out-of-control political correctness; being white; the fact that the women on the Rutgers basketball team will now be permanently damaged psychologically and emotionally for the rest of their time on Earth and not be able to fulfill their goals and aspirations in life; he's just a total ******* and deserves it; or something else.

Almost 30 years ago another white male got fired from television for making the following comments. Here's the story involving the late CBS Sports commentator Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder.

On Jan. 15, 1988, Rather himself aired video shot that afternoon at Duke Zeibert's restaurant in Washington, D.C., featuring Snyder explaining why he thought African-Americans excelled in sports.

"The black is the better athlete," The Greek said. "And he practices to be the better athlete, and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes way back to the slave period. The slave owner would breed this big black with this big black woman so he could have a big black kid. That's where it all started."

Though the film was shot by WRC-TV, the Washington affiliate of network rival NBC, and WRC reporter Ed Hotaling acknowledged that The Greek had said he was speaking off the record during the interview, Rather decided Snyder's remarks deserved national coverage.

During the "CBS Evening News" broadcast, the politically correct newsman noted his network had received hundreds of complaints about Snyder's remarks. He ended the segment with Snyder's abject apology.

"I'm truly sorry for my remarks earlier today and I offer a full, heartfelt apology to all I may have offended," Rather quoted Snyder as saying.

Despite the apology, the CBS newsman's prominent coverage of his colleague's faux pas helped seal Snyder's fate. After The Greek's off the record remarks were turned into national news, black organizations from coast-to-coast felt compelled to comment.

The Urban League called Snyder's statement "ludicrous" and suggested he shouldn't be on-the-air. The NAACP was more direct, calling on CBS to fire The Greek, saying his comments "could set race relations back 100 years or more."

Btw, Jesse Jackson was doing a war dance in front of every reporter in the country screaming his outrage and that Jimmy should be fired.

Another firing that took place, although without racial undertones, had to be the WORST COMMENTS EVER made by an insensitve, stupid, flippant commentator that I can imagine. Where was Gary McCord's head when he stated that the greens at Augusta during the Masters were like they had BIKINI WAX applied to them! Oh my God!! I'm still aghast!!! That set golf commentary back 100 years or more!! He SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED!!

Definitely the "Hos". If he just said "Nappy headed basketball players" he could have BS'ed his way into alot less trouble by saying something to the tune of "Well....basketball is a rigorous sport and hair will eventually get Nappy, especially with alot of physical exertion and those girls were playing their hearts out!" Right? hehe.

The "Ho's" gets him in trouble with pretty much everyone. He'd also get alot of heat from Women's Rights Activists.

So yeah, he was a bonehead but IF he had to choose one, go with Nappy Headed, lesser of two evils.....I think.

Definitely the "Hos". If he just said "Nappy headed basketball players" he could have BS'ed his way into alot less trouble by saying something to the tune of "Well....basketball is a rigorous sport and hair will eventually get Nappy, especially with alot of physical exertion and those girls were playing their hearts out!" Right? hehe.

Good points and I think you're right. But, on the other hand, maybe it's because HE'S WHITE. The reason why I say that is because if you've ever been around blacks (of listen to the music, and general talk among themselves when very few if any whites are around unless accepted), they ALWAYS are referring to women as HO's. "Dis HO, Dat HO, his HO, yo'r HO". And I'm not just talking street black...I'm talking educated, well paid, high job status black men among themselves. I have been for many years and still am around a lot of black men. Fact is, I have more fun with them than a lot of white guys. And, they LOVE to gamble at golf...whether they're good or bad. They'll just gamble. If anybody should be upset, it should be Martha Burk (the nutzoid head of the womens group that wanted to bring Augusta to it's knees) because if ANY race of men demeans women...it's the black race with their slang and use of inappropriate words. Have you EVER heard one little PEEP from those itches about that? (I think I made a typo and forgot a letter) YEP...HASSLE AUGUSTA INSTEAD!!

Yeah, I mean EVERYONE is to blame for EVERYTHING. The black progressive movement's biggest crutch is the seeming double standard that they hold. A white man will get crucified for saying something a black man will be able to. Some may argue that this is due to having different cultures, some may not. It's really a complicated issue and pretty much everyone is to blame in some shape or form.

I have yet to hear an apology out of Rev. Jackson or Sharpton about the way they characterised and attacked the wrongfully accused Duke players. They were VERY instrumental in leading the charge against them.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

I have yet to hear an apology out of Rev. Jackson or Sharpton about the way they characterised and attacked the wrongfully accused Duke players. They were VERY instrumental in leading the charge against them.

Don't hold your breath with those two jerkoffs. Apology isn't in their vocabulary when it's THEM that should be doing it. Hey, I think everyone in the country is blown away by what happened in VA yesterday. What a horrific crime and tragedy!

Yes it was a dumb thing to say. But if Steven A Smith came out making fun of the Utah college basketball teams calling them a bunch of white boys who can't jump, it'd be perfectly accepted and everyone would move on. It seems that the only people who can be made the butt of a joke anymore are white males.

I think all the activist groups are upset he got fired too soon now. They didn't get enough of a chance to march in the streets and use this as more fuel for the fire!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

lol personally i dont find anything he did wrong. what happend to the american freedom of speech?

and after seeing the basketball team, i have to almost agree with the statement that got him fired.

i dont believe he is a racist. that implies discrimination and unfair treatment of a select group. he says it all the time that he is an equal oppertunity bigot.

and if people dont like his radio show, turn it the hell off. its that simple. nobody is being forced to listen to him. and i feel that firing him is 100% violating the idea and concept we call freedom of speech.

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

Amen! I'm sick of all their complaining. Why not spend their time fixing problems within their community (drug abuse, unemployment, etc) instead of whining about injustices imposed by white people? I suppose if one of them had made that statement about the team, it would have been okay?

Note: This thread is 6218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!