IGNORED

Wilson Staff Fifty Elite balls

Note: This thread is 4555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've noticed lately with the cold temps my shots just aren't traveling very far. I've been playing Srixon Q-Star and Z-Star and sometimes Nike Tour D balls and as long as the temps are above 40 they seem fine, but when the temps get below 40 the distance really drops off. I bought a dozen ($13) of Wilson Staff Elite balls http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/balls/fiftyelite/ to try. I read that the low compression and the low profile dimples make this one of the better balls for cold weather.

Anyone tried them?

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody????? Well, last weekend it warmed up and was in the 50's but tomorrow morning temps will be around freezing at our tee time, so I'll be teeing up the 50. I'll update after tomorrow's round.

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

Nobody????? Well, last weekend it warmed up and was in the 50's but tomorrow morning temps will be around freezing at our tee time, so I'll be teeing up the 50. I'll update after tomorrow's round.

Let us know the results. Here in Canada we have ample opportunity to golf in the cold.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Both Saturday and Sunday temps were in the upper 20's when I arrived at the course and although I did not have any frost at my house, both days the green had frost and our start time was delayed. Both days temps got into the high 30's before the frost was gone and they could get the mower on them. Saturday I played the 50 the entire round and Sunday I used it for the first 3 holes, both days it warmed up into the upper 40's before we were done.

The ball is really soft. When the temp are in the 30's it seems like I loose about 2 clubs worth of distance with my normal ball (Srixon Z-star) but with my irons I didn't loose any distance and might even be a bit longer with the 50. I was really please with the results off my irons and even fairway woods. The driver was a different story. While it was slightly longer than the z-star when cold it was not equal performance compared to the iron play and even after it warmed up some, didn't seem to get real good distance off the driver. Putting was consistant, even being so soft the ball seemed to come off the blade quick and get rolling without any extra effort. I will continue to use this ball when the temps are below 40, but once it warms up some I'll be switching back like I did today.

Note: This thread is 4555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!