IGNORED

Which one of these balls fits my style of play?

Note: This thread is 4558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have had so many mixed opinions on how these balls play on other websites, and I know this forum has the most experienced and well informed players, so I decided to give it a shot here.

I have been playing the titleist nxt tours, and they are pretty good, but I suffer from a severe slice, and a very high trajectory with my driver. Even with a 9.5*, and teeing it up in the middle of my stance. So I have been very interested in trying the top flite gamer V2's, because I heard it has less spin off the driver, but more spin off the wedges. I am not EXTREMELY dependent on wedge spin, but it would definitely help. Also I have been recommended the Nike Crush's, Callaway tour i(s), and countless others, but I would like to narrow it down. My swing speed is around 98-102, and for some reason my drives are being left much shorter than what they should be.

So this is what I need: Low spin off the driver for limited slice and balooning, and piercing trajectory because of my exceedingly high usual trajectory, and if possible high wedge spin for some nice bite. But that is the last thing on my mind out of the three. I am not a "feel" crazed golfer, so I don't really care about feel as long as it gets the job done. But if it's there, it's definitely a plus. So any suggestions are welcome, but please have some legitimate experience with the information before you post. Also if you seem to have had an extremely different experience with ball than the general public, I'm guessing that is most likely just based on your unique game, but if you feel strongly, feel free to post.

P.S. If there is a ball I didn't mention that you think suites me, let me know.

Thank you guys for all the help, my discovery of this site has helped my game immensely.

Top flite gamers are better than titleist nxt tour in my opinion, and also go for 10$ less. I wouldn't say they have more spin off wedges; maybe but not a lot. Distance and driver spin wise, they seem to be pretty good. They beat everything in the 20$ price range, and most of what's in the 30$ range, IMO. It's not that the titleists are much worse than the gamer, more that they are super overpriced. Pretty good ball, if it sold for about 18$ a dozen, but they go for 30+, because of the Titleist logo.

I suggest you get a triple dozen for 40$ on amazon, thats about a buck a ball. One dozen goes for 20, if you want to try a smaller sample. I expect the Bridgestone B330RX would be nice for lower spin, but they aren't cheap. The E6 will supposedly be straighter, I've heard good things about bridgestone balls but don't have the cash. If your slice costs you distance, I'd give the E6 a look.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

See this link for the e6:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/balls/bridgestone_e5_e6_and_e7_ball_review

Realistically, the e6 is a crutch until you resolve your swing issues -- no ball that I've seen hit by anyone will resolve a slice and a high trajectory - they may help a little bit. I would work on the swing issues more than finding a ball to help "correct" the issue. With a 9.5 loft and real 98-102 SS - if you are too high, it sounds like a combo of setup, swing, and shaft issues. Teeing a ball in the middle of your stance on a driver -- Really? That should increase spin for most people because typically, one would be hitting down on the ball more - but how the heck can we guess without looking at what you're doing. All we can make are assumptions.

The e6 will not give you bite around the greens. Really, only a urethane covered ball will give you bite on partial wedge and little finesse shots and chips.

Fix the swing issues, then try some Callaway i (s), Bridgestone RX/RXS, TM Penta, or Titleist ProV. Until then, heck, I'd probably game anything inexpensive. The game gets expensive for high and right.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!