IGNORED

Dallas, TX public courses...

Note: This thread is 6192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be in Dallas, TX May 31 and June 1 and may be staying the weekend. I'm wondering if anyone has any course recommendations. I don't know if I'll be renting a car, so close proximity to the Dallas area would be helpful. I've never been to Dallas. I'll be staying near the "Galleria Dallas" if that's helpful.

Thanks!

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

• 2 weeks later...
ok...here's the scoop...

Bridlewood is good, but it's not nearly the best.

The Tribute is the highest ranked. It's a collection of scottish replicas and they are extremely close to actual. Cowboys is probably second, but usually higher priced. Bridlewood is good, Tour 18 would be great, but the condition is suspect.

All 4 of those are about 30 minutes from the Galleria, I live just north of the Galleria and it's mostly Private courses around there. Maybe try Firewheel in Garland, Twin Creeks in Allen.

However, if I was playing in Dallas and had 1 round it would be the Tribute followed closely by Cowboys. Whenever I have guests in town and we don't want to play our club, I take them to those 2. Bridlewood wouldn't have that much of a memory in terms of the holes.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

All 4 of those are about 30 minutes from the Galleria, I live just north of the Galleria and it's mostly Private courses around there. Maybe try Firewheel in Garland, Twin Creeks in Allen.

I played Twin Creeks that same weekend that I played Bridlewood. Twin Creeks was a nice course, but was rock hard. Maybe all the rain has softened it up, but I wasn't impressed by the fairways and on how hard the greens were.

If you have any connections, I highly recommend the TPC - Craigs Ranch. Solid course.

F-Speed Driver 9*
F-Speed 3-wood
Boxer 3H
X20 Irons 4-AW
Tour 56* Tour 60* Sabertooth putter:taylormade: TP/Black ball

I agree on Bridlewood...little bit better than Twin Creeks. TPC at Craig's Ranch is outstanding, but private.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Note: This thread is 6192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!