IGNORED

My Swing (BenGolf19)

BenGolf19
Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just felt what you were talking about and took a look at it in the mirror. Much different. Might explain why I occasionally experience back pain even though I am young.

I like big putts and I cannot lie.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What about my knees do they stick back or stay forward? And how does this play into my whole issue of going down and up in the stroke.

Not sure what you mean with the knees, here's a pic to help. The posture will certainly help with the pivot pieces for keeping the head steady.

I just felt what you were talking about and took a look at it in the mirror. Much different. Might explain why I occasionally experience back pain even though I am young.

No doubt

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I worked on my posture today and it feels much more solid and balanced. But I am still fighting a downward movement with the head. I also took a FO to see if anyone saw anything that could be causing this. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrPQUMN_vZA&feature;=youtu.be (DTL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1P5YnECDf8&feature;=youtu.be (FO)

I worked on my posture today and it feels much more solid and balanced. But I am still fighting a downward movement with the head. I also took a FO to see if anyone saw anything that could be causing this. Thanks.

Looking good, yeah the posture isn't going to "fix" it, but will make this next piece easier.

Going to feel like you "stretch" your right side to keep the head from lowering and drifting to the right. This will help your centers stay centered, keep the head steady. So instead of the head being over the right foot, it's going to stay more in the middle of the feet and adding the stretch feel will do that.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...
Been working on a lot but I feel that something is not right. Let me know if you see anything. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sebTaKztdZg[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/PLm5x7dOPOo[/VIDEO]

So I see three things to work on.

- Posture- stand a little taller but "hunch" the upper back to get the eyes down

- Key #1- "stretch" the right hip up more and longer on the backswing

- Key #2-  Press into the ground longer so you can thrust, point the belt buckle to the sky.

IMO the posture and Key #1 stuff is the priority for now. More about that in the video

Good comparison here

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Been working on the axis tilt and turn hard. One question I have is when getting more axis tilt how do you keep from being too inside out? A couple vids below, wasn't able to get to course but last time ball was going right. Thanks [video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Ztvy0X-Fwk[/video] [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSOm7yu5Gzg[/video]

Been working on the axis tilt and turn hard. One question I have is when getting more axis tilt how do you keep from being too inside out?

A couple vids below, wasn't able to get to course but last time ball was going right. Thanks

Looking better dude. The basic answer is you keep turning/opening as you transfer the weight forward.

You are kind of getting the axis tilt from "falling" back a bit, still a lot of weight in that right foot.

Compared to this pic. Almost have to make slow swings where your right foot is very "light" on the finish. What will help is having the knees/thighs come together on the followthrough.

Mike McLoughlin

Quote:
Looking better dude. The basic answer is you keep turning/opening as you transfer the weight forward.

Only question I have about that is I took a look at the sliding hips thread and it talks a lot in there about not having the shoulders or hips very open coming down or at impact. The tour pros are way more closed than I am so is it just a matter of squaring the face?

The tour pros are way more closed than I am

They may not be as closed as you think

so is it just a matter of squaring the face?

Don't lose sight of how important getting the weight forward is to what is going on with your shots. With you "hanging" on your back foot, it's going to cause some directional issues. Basically it makes it harder to control the face.

Mike McLoughlin

Still working on my axis tilt and have seen little improvements in my eyes. I seem to hit the majority of my shots fat and right. I don't think I have the right swing thoughts or I understand what I need to feel. Here's a vid [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0FB94KQCDk[/VIDEO]

Thanks for all of this! Surprisingly hit 8/9 greens yesterday and shot even par. Shows that bad swings can produce good results. Will be working on this hard in the coming days.

• 2 weeks later...
[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW0EWYAEGpY[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfIZOArUcmg[/VIDEO] Let me know how it looks. Ball is going way right

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!