IGNORED

Hey Folks

NewbieGolfer77
Note: This thread is 4609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Sand Trap people,

My name is Daniel.  I'm a therapist from the Orlando area and a year ago I started playing golf and I'm clearly addicted. Sometimes I feel an intervention might be in order. I eat, drink and sleep golf.

I came to these forums as an enthusiast as well as a new player looking to get tips and tricks form the seasoned veterans.  I know its not that great a score, but when I first started playing a year ago this month, I was shooting in the 120's and now I'm shooting in the high 90's.

I'm hoping I can break the 80 hump by the end of this year, but that's going to take some real dedication and practise, if its even possible.

Thanks for hearing my tale.

-Daniel

Golf Junkie!

Originally Posted by NewbieGolfer77

Hi Sand Trap people,

My name is Daniel.  I'm a therapist from the Orlando area and a year ago I started playing golf and I'm clearly addicted. Sometimes I feel an intervention might be in order. I eat, drink and sleep golf.

Then you've found the right place to hang out!  Welcome to The Sand Trap, hope the information we provide can help you to keep shooting lower scores.

Here are some good links to check out for new members

http://thesandtrap.com/a/welcome-to-the-sand-trap-community

http://thesandtrap.com/atype/3/Using_This_Site

http://thesandtrap.com/f/5/tour-talk

http://thesandtrap.com/f/4088/swing-thoughts

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

I'm hoping I can break the 80 hump by the end of this year, but that's going to take some real dedication and practise, if its even possible.

I'm a firm believer that almost anything is possible. And this certainly falls within the realm of that.

As someone who once stood on your side of that barrier, I would strongly recommend you put the time in on the putting green. Find some putting drills that you like that simulate some kind of pressure. A popular one I like is to put 5 balls in a 3 foot circle (mark the spots with a tee) and force yourself to make all 5 consecutively. If you miss one at any point, start over. Once you finish 3 feet, go to 4. If you get that, go to 5, then 6. You will get frustrated. You will question yourself. Be willing to do it over and over and over, even if you keep missing the 4th or 5th one. I believe this is invaluable because it simulates that feeling of, "I HAVE to make this putt". I can't tell you how much this helped me.

-Taylor

Titleist 909 D2, 9.5

Titleist 906F 3W, 15.5

Warrior 3-Hybrid, 20

Mizuno JPX 800 Pro, 4i-PW

Titleist Vokey Wedges, 52 08, 56 08, 60 10

Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by Taylor Johnson

Quote:

I'm a firm believer that almost anything is possible. And this certainly falls within the realm of that.

As someone who once stood on your side of that barrier, I would strongly recommend you put the time in on the putting green. Find some putting drills that you like that simulate some kind of pressure. A popular one I like is to put 5 balls in a 3 foot circle (mark the spots with a tee) and force yourself to make all 5 consecutively. If you miss one at any point, start over. Once you finish 3 feet, go to 4. If you get that, go to 5, then 6. You will get frustrated. You will question yourself. Be willing to do it over and over and over, even if you keep missing the 4th or 5th one. I believe this is invaluable because it simulates that feeling of, "I HAVE to make this putt". I can't tell you how much this helped me.

Thanks Taylor. You know I did man. I would read books by teachers all the time and they always spoke about how most ametuer golfers do not practise their short game and putting. So a month ago I decided thats all I will do at the range. I mean don't get me wrong I do hit a bunch of buckets to work on ball striking and drives, but most of my time its pitching/chipping/pputting. and by spending all that time working on that area of the game, i've probably dropped about 7-10 strokes in the last two months.

-Daniel

Golf Junkie!

Welcome Daniel,good job coming down in score that fast,u should b proud of urself.I also believe in what the other poster said,time in on shortgame is vitally important.I used to think it was always the driver that was important,well I suddenly realized that was hogwash.Yes,the drive does initially set u up for a good approach but many a stroke has been lost 50 yds.and in.Especially for me Iam coming down from a 13 hdcp,hope to get to 9 by season,s end.Oh yes,I def. would take some lessons.You will discover it,s an eye opener.Godd luck fellow duffer.

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Hello,

I'm new in these parts. I'm a bit confused as to how to add my clubs at the bottom of my comments. Do I simply add a list and call it "my clubs" in my profile edit page? I've also noticed some JPEGs in peoples lists. Can I just copy those into my list?

I love this site. I've been lurking around it for years, checking out reviews and such. I finally decided to start a profile.

Cheers fellas/fellettes.

Originally Posted by mlbruce

Hello,

I'm new in these parts. I'm a bit confused as to how to add my clubs at the bottom of my comments. Do I simply add a list and call it "my clubs" in my profile edit page? I've also noticed some JPEGs in peoples lists. Can I just copy those into my list?

I love this site. I've been lurking around it for years, checking out reviews and such. I finally decided to start a profile.

Cheers fellas/fellettes.

Hey Mlbruce,

Usually on forums like this if you go to edit your profile there is an area called signature. You can add anything in there such as images, or waht you have in your bag, etc.

Golf Junkie!

Note: This thread is 4609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!